We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mini market money changers

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
557 posts
13 reviews
Mini market money changers

Is it safe to use a mini market money changer in kuta

8 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
828 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Mini market money changers

I wouldn't even if they're honest rates are lower.

In Kuta there are many official money changers, use them. From what I've seen almost all the official money changers from Seminak down to Kuta have security guard(s) out front

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Mini market money changers

I would say NO! Go to BMC (Bali Money Changers). They are in Kuta and Seminyak (almost opposite Bintang supermarket).

Orange County...
Level Contributor
836 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Mini market money changers

It's my understanding that you don't want to use money changers in mini markets anywhere in Bali. Is this incorrect?

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,236 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: Mini market money changers

Can you please say what you mean by "Mini market"? Do you mean convenience stores?

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
557 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Mini market money changers

The place in Legian was called a mini market, just down from the Beachwalk mall.

Sans Souci...
Level Contributor
472 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Mini market money changers

If the Money Changer is PT.Central Kuta.

We have used PT. Central Kuta inside an Alfamart in Poppies 1, the Circle K, Jl Padma Utara Legian and also the Circle K, Jl Tamblingan Sanur.

They will give you a receipt with your Rupiah, don't leave the counter until you have recounted/checked the amount of Rupiah is correct.

If you are close to Bemo Corner Kuta i'd recommend you change your money at PT. Dirgahayu Valuta Prima (it's green like Kermit the Frog) next to Bemo Corner coffee shop.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,236 posts
35 reviews
7. Re: Mini market money changers

Basically the rule is if their sole business is changing money then they will be ok. Or ones located inside convenience stores. And the simple thing is, count the money, don't put it back down and be the last to touch it then you can never get ripped off

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
23,408 posts
177 reviews
8. Re: Mini market money changers

This might be helpful:

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

Reply to: Mini market money changers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted