We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanur or legian

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Sanur or legian

Me and my husband are visiting Bali from 2nd to 8th June 2018. We are looking forward to a relaxing beach holiday alongwith some experience of Balinese culture. Even after exploring several websites and blogs I am still unable to decide which beach location to choose. My pick is between Legian (Padma resort) and sanur. We would neither prefer extremely crowded beaches nor extremely secluded ones. Something that provides us nice options to eat out (vegetarian food), some market options to stroll by and some bit of nightlife to experience.

Pls provide inputs which area should I pick.

Also I wish to see few places in ubud... mainly tegallalang, Goa gajah, campuhan ridge walk, ubud art market‭ . Should I be staying in ubud to explore these places or a day trip from my beach location can be done.

Thanks !

16 replies to this topic
Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
119 reviews
11. Re: Sanur or legian

I’d do both as has already been suggested. In fact we’ve done that on a number of occasions and are doing it as I write. We spent several days last week at Sanur where we enjoyed the quite and very pleasant beachside walk with its many cafe/bar/restaurants. Then spent a couple of days in Ubud. Now at Seminyak just a bit further up the coast from Legian. It’s definitely livelier than Sanur but it’s nice to walk along the beach and great to watch the sunset.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
12. Re: Sanur or legian

Thanks a ton everyone for your valuable suggestions!!

Now i am drifting towards staying at both locations, 3 nights each and do a day trip to ubud.

Request suggestions for a preferred hotel at Sanur....budget in the range of 100-120 USD. Looking for a beach front hotel with a convenient location, closer to markets and eating places.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
13. Re: Sanur or legian

Thanks Sue. I shortlisted Legian and Sanur through this thread only.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
14. Re: Sanur or legian

Dear Cempaka 1,

Drive from Sanur to Candidasa seems interesting. Google shows 2 hours. Should i be making it a half day activity or full day will be required for it?

Level Contributor
503 posts
8 reviews
15. Re: Sanur or legian

For me Legian 100 % above Sanur.

Very nice restaurants at the beach some live music on the beach

Very good restaurants

I did not like Sanur at all, yes maybe as a family holday with kids

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
414 posts
22 reviews
16. Re: Sanur or legian

At Sanur have a look at the Respati or Besakih both on the waterfront and easy walk to everything - have stayed at both and are good 3.5/4 star (they are not big new resorts but smaller more Balinese).

Reply to: Sanur or legian
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted