We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Insurance

1 post
Save Topic
Travel Insurance

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a travel insurance company covering the volcano/ash clouds currently?

12 replies to this topic
Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Insurance

I have just been making the same enquiries and I have not had any luck. Would love to hear if anyone knows of a company that is covering this. Thanks

Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Insurance

My daughter booked a few weeks ago with Insure and Go and they had the natural disaster - Bali volcano option available to buy.

Edited: 24 April 2018, 13:19
Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
8,355 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Insurance

It wont be covered whilst still active.

Search Travel Insurance in the search box for more info.

Check the wording and meaning of any policy that you think is covering the current event.

Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Insurance

Thank you, I did speak to them, but I will contact again and ask about this.

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
8,954 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Insurance

bec & RHR888, Insure&Go are not covering Mt Agung on new policies after 22 November, irrespective of whether you buy natural disaster cover. This is very clearly spelt out on their web site.

https:/…mount-agung-travel-advice.jsp

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,887 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Insurance

I am taking a chance and not buying until just before I go in case they cover again. Hopefully nothing sees me having to cancel before then although I did buy in sale price so wouldn't loose much.

Level Contributor
384 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Insurance

Hi Bec,

I just bought an Insure and go policy about a month ago, they had a natural disaster option that you could buy, but if you read the small print properly it is absolutely not covering Mt Agung at the moment. No insurance company in their right mind is covering it.

Cheers.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,376 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel Insurance

Go ahead and buy insurance to cover yourself - if Agung is taken off the ‘uncovered’ list, you’ll automatically be covered.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
413 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel Insurance

What happens MelMMMM if you buy now, then Agung is taken off the uncovered list prior to your leaving, however you are there and it erupts again but you did buy it when it wasn't covered???

melbourne
Level Contributor
5,014 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel Insurance

MelMMMM is correct. If Agung is taken off the "no cover" list before you go, then you'll automatically be covered if there's a new occurrence. Even if you purchased insurance when it wasn't being covered.

I would not, under any circumstances, leave buying travel insurance because of the off chance that you may not be covered for a volcano, that will most likely cost you only a couple of days and a couple hundred dollars.

I'd rather cover my holiday costs in case I break a leg, or there's a coup or something.

Reply to: Travel Insurance
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted