We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flamingos in lake Bagoria

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
225 posts
26 reviews
flamingos in lake Bagoria

after reading all the posts i found that the best sighting for flamingos in sep/ oct will be in lake bagoria in kenya as nakuru is flooded...

my concern here...... is it worth going to bogoria , a 2 hours drive from nakuru spend 60 dollars /per person for park entrance fees and see flamingos with binoculars? iam not keen in hot springs..

i was informed we cannot get close to the flocks?

any advice from fellow travellers is highly appreciated

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
225 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: flamingos in lake Bagoria

any comments from kenya experts

Haifa, Israel
2 posts
2. Re: flamingos in lake Bagoria

In lake Bagoria you do not need binoculars. all visitors are free to walk along the lake veregu. For good photos you have to go there in the afternoon. You can to be close to the flamingos are so close as they will allow it

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
85 reviews
3. Re: flamingos in lake Bagoria

Hi,

I've been told Lake Bogoria is the best place to see Flamingos.

I'm going in January and was wondering if it will be that much better than Lake Nakuru to justify the extra travelling.

Africa
Level Contributor
703 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: flamingos in lake Bagoria

there are flamingos at Lake Bogoria but not in millions as it used to be at Lake Nakuru.

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
225 posts
26 reviews
5. Re: flamingos in lake Bagoria

anybody visited lake bagoria recently?....how is the sighting of flamingos.there.? can we go upto the shore to have closer view?

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
105 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: flamingos in lake Bagoria

Well Lake Bogoria too has flamingos but Lake Nakuru has the best secnery for fkamingos the view is superb. You can be allowed to walk very closely to where they are. Bon voyage

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
225 posts
26 reviews
7. Re: flamingos in lake Bagoria

thanks anyangonyalwal for the reply

when did you visit lake nakuru last.... did you see flamingos recently in nakuru

Los...
Level Contributor
116 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: flamingos in lake Bagoria

Was in Lake Nakura for 1 night Mid July 2016 and unfortunately water slowly receeding from the flooding and absolutely no flamingos..The once great Hippo pond also not there… We got out of Landrovers and were so far away from some Rhinos, and other animals. Our driver took us to Lake Naviasha before heading back to Nairobi then 2nd part in Tanzania and really enjoyed the 1 hr boat ride. No flamingos but up close to hippos, and tons of other bird life which we enjoyed and after all the safaris for 10 day's enjoyed the Lake but sorry no pink birds…...

Nairobi, Kenya
5 posts
9. Re: flamingos in lake Bagoria

Hello,

Lake Bogoria is the best place to see the flamingoes, they are in hundreds of thousands and you can walk to the shore for great views. i visited 2 weeks ago and it was incredible.

Currently we have a flock of them at one of the pools in Amboseli national park but the problem is that no one knows how long they will be there and you cannot see them quite closely.

I highly advise you to visit Lake Bogoria for the best flamingo shots.

Wish you all the best as you plan your trip!

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
10. Re: flamingos in lake Bagoria

Hi, we are currently hesitating whether to go to Lake Nakuru around mid-September and whether we will be able to see flamingoes. We have only the opportunity to go to Lake Nakuru so this would be crucial. thanks.