We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets to get inside the great pyramid

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Tickets to get inside the great pyramid

Hi,

I have read online that there is a possibility of going inside the great pyramid but wondering how to get tickets as I heard that only 150 are available in the morning and 150 of an afternoon. Is there a website where I can pre-book tickets to ensure I can get two? I'd love to experience this

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,931 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets to get inside the great pyramid

I don’t think you can make advance bookings but, if you are touring on your own, tickets for the Great Pyramid (LE 200 pp) are sold at the northern ‘Mena House’ entrance to the Giza plateau. Otherwise the guide will (usually for an optional cost on top of the tour charge) get the ticket for you.

Edited: 26 April 2015, 12:43
2. Re: Tickets to get inside the great pyramid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 05:15
London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets to get inside the great pyramid

Thankyou for your responses guys, appreciate it.

Looking forward to visiting, just hoping I can cope with the heat in July lol.

شكرا

Level Contributor
35 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets to get inside the great pyramid

There are nothing left in the pyramids to see ie all artifacts have been moved to the Cairo museum. Pyramids are empty ie just a hole with nothing interesting.

Dont buy anything from street side hawkers. They will call you his brother, uncle or dearest grandfather in order to sell you something at a VERY HIGHLY inflated price. The stuff we bought there (eg leather belt and some handicraft) were inflated to prices way beyond what locals pay for it. Watch out also for trips with some travel services. They cancelled Valley of the Kings from our itinerary and replaced it with Banana plantation without compensation. We refused to pay additional money to see bananas so they left us on the road side for 3 hours. On our return trip, they refuse to deliver us back to our hotel. Complaints are useless.

We never went back to Egypt again.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,931 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets to get inside the great pyramid

Whatever artfacts were originally inside the pyramids were lost/stolen/moved thousands of years ago and you can't blame your tour company for that,

Level Contributor
35 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tickets to get inside the great pyramid

Hei BBeckett,

Can you please read carefully? The tour company should NOT cancel Valley of the King trip and replaced it with Banana plantation. The tour company should have let us know that there are nothing inside the pyramids ie they have been stolen. Tourists go to the pyramids EXPECTING to see empty dirt? Tour company NOT informing their guests---- this is not their fault? Perhaps they just want you to pay them to take you there.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,931 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tickets to get inside the great pyramid

“Perhaps they just want you to pay them to take you there.”

Of course they do; tour companies you may be surprised to know are in the business of taking people on tours for money.

As far as reading is concerned, it’s a good idea. Any introductory book, foir example, would have told you that the pyramids have long been empty of any artefacts that may have been there put 4500 years ago. People pay to go see the pyramids (which by the way are made of stone, not “empty dirt”) and—while it’s your right—you’re the first I know to complain that there was nothing in them.

For what it’s worth, had you gone inside Teti’s pyramid in Sakkara, you would have seen the Pyramid Texts carved on the inner walls. These are the oldest religious writings in the world and considered a worthwhile visit in their own right.

I can’t help but suspect there is more to the story of the banana plantation that you’re telling but, if not, I fear someone ‘saw you coming’ and you were most definitely cheated. This, however, doesn’t mean you were cheated because the pyramids were empty.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
11,022 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tickets to get inside the great pyramid

It is best, if writing about a tour company and the VoK to post in the Luxor Forum with a new topic

Hijacking one about booking pyramid tickets is bad mannered at best and anyone trying to find info will not look in the Cairo forum in a topic about pyramid Tickets

Level Contributor
67 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tickets to get inside the great pyramid

Yes the pyramids themselves are empty but they are still one of the if not the greatest wonders of the ancient world. They are still worth the visit and if you can do take a trip onside and see for yourself. They are still as airtight and well built as when built. Also (not sure if they have moved it yet) go see cheops(spell check) boat. It wax along side one of the pyramids. It's also a work of art.

10. Re: Tickets to get inside the great pyramid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 00:35
Get answers to your questions about Cairo