We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nile Cruise

Hamilton, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Nile Cruise

Hello everyone. Looking for information and advise here please. We are taking a 7 night Nile Cruise in a few weeks and am unable to find any really useful information. T I realise the standard of the boats used is not brilliant, which I accept. We are currently on M S Emilio but are considering a change to the Commodore. Anyone have experience of either ?? Is it worth booking the full tour package (we have been quoted £192 pp from our tour company ) or leaving it till on board ?? I cannot seem to get information of the duration and timings of the tours either..... my head is spinning. Almost beginning to wonder if I have done the right thing ?!? Anything you wonderful people out there could tell me would be gratefully appreciated

Kind regards

Linda

9 replies to this topic
Norfolk, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Nile Cruise

I am thinking about a 7 night cruise on Commodore. WHich did you use and how did it go?

Cheers

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
13,336 posts
281 reviews
2. Re: Nile Cruise

I'd try the Luxor forum - this one is very inactive. Lots of views on cruise ships there, try searching it first then ask specific questions.

Essex
Level Contributor
838 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Nile Cruise

We have been on the Commodore many times, staff are fantastic, boat is very clean and food is of a high standard albeit repetative. great entertainment as well.

We go back on for 2 weeks in May.

Have been on the Emilio, found it ok, that was about 6 years ago - back side docks ourt by Luxor bridge.

Hoiliday gems do an excellent price, I am happy to give any help info on the Commodore (on the forum or by message)

Essex
Level Contributor
838 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Nile Cruise

Hi Linda, you can do many of the tours yourself - you do not need a guide / organised tours.

Message me if you so wish

Gray

Hamilton, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Nile Cruise

Hii. We just got back at weekend and had an amazing time. We finally went with our original plan on the Emilio.It was not 5* luxury but was pretty good.Cabins a decent size and clean. Food was very good and plentiful though not particularly varied. Full tour package was worth it (£160 each on board as opposed to £192 booking in advance.) Hubby went on the Abu Simbel tour at £80. Said it was fab though overpriced as entrance ticket only £7. |I|t was a 3 hour pus journey each way but would if we were to go again ( a distinct possibility) we would look into organising it ourselves. I was not keen at first to pay tips upfront (£27 per person) but worked out well as you did not have to worry about tipping drivers, baggage handlers, or anyone else unless you wanted to add to it. I think I may still have a copy of tours list somewhere under the copious amount of washing. Happy to answer any other queries you may have. I was a little apprehensive before going but unfounded.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
206 posts
11 reviews
6. Re: Nile Cruise

Hello. Is full tour package of Emilio include tour guide service in the each stopping point attractions? Thanks

Hamilton, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Nile Cruise

yes. guide and transport all included

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
206 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: Nile Cruise

Hello. Thank for your information. Can you pm me the contact number or website about Emilio cruise

Hamilton, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Nile Cruise

we booked inclusive with flights through a UK agent called Going Luxury - AKA Holiday Gems.

Reply to: Nile Cruise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted