We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which island to visit for natural beauty

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Which island to visit for natural beauty

I am planning a trip to Micronesia for either November or January next year. I have several United miles that I'm going to use on the island hopper flight and I figure I have enough to visit two island, provided one of them is within 800 miles of guam (i.e. Yap or Chuuk). I've pretty much decided to include Yap on my itinerary as it holds some personal significance to me (my parents took me there when I was 1 years old) but I would like some recommendations as to which other island to visit. It should ideally be one of the island-hopper stops, so Majuro, Kosrae, Pohnpei or Chuuk.

I'm not a diver (although I am tempted to try and learn in the next 10-12 months). My main interest in visiting the islands is to experience somewhere remote and beautiful. I love hiking and camping in the wild and seeing amazing scenery.

In addition I'd love to spend at least one night camping on an uninhabited island. I have no idea if this is possible, but if anyone knows of a way to do this from one of the islands mentioned above that would be amazing.

Thank you in advance for your help. Any and all advice is appreciated.

2 replies to this topic
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
425 posts
99 reviews
75 helpful votes
1. Re: Which island to visit for natural beauty

pohnpei for sure..many trails and water falls

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
207 posts
244 reviews
192 helpful votes
2. Re: Which island to visit for natural beauty

What did you decide?

I'm asking because I'm very much like you with a similar scenario but I'm doing a last-minute journey.

Reply to: Which island to visit for natural beauty
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Federated States of...
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.