We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

using Magado Travel

NJ
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
using Magado Travel

I am booking a 20 day tour with Magado Travel and they have been somewhat unclear in answering my questions and are changing hotels, but i thought it was because i did not make up my mind fast enough and the hotels they quoted me on were already full.

I am leaving Feb. 4. Should i go with another agency ???

Your comments made me very nervous!

Please advise! Soon!!!

Thanks!

Yangon, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon)
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: using Magado Travel

Put Magado Travel in the search box and try. You'll see a lot of comments about them.

Hope it'll help you.

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: using Magado Travel

Magado Travel is good enough to use use i think and they provide Visa on Arrival also.

Yangon
Level Contributor
376 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: using Magado Travel

so u should check the hotel room price they mentioned before

and the new hotel room rate they mention

also can check with the same stars ?

old one=new one=3 stars i mean

that's how i arrange for visitors and most agency did

don't worry too much

i think they will provide u with same star hotel

just giving u information not to worry and to enjoy the trip

Regards

Judy

NJ
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: using Magado Travel

Thanks everybody for the good advise.

We went and have come back from the most interesting travel of my life and MAGADO made it perfect.

They came through on everything and better.

Wonderful guides, drivers & cars. The hotels were in the same class as the ones originally quoted, 3 to 4 stars.

We changed the itinerary during our trip and they made sure that everything worked out.

Also, they charged much less than any other tour operator we checked out!

So, no more Travel Agency from Hell but TRAVEL AGENCY FROM HEAVEN!

Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
814 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: using Magado Travel

I agree with kkym, simply make a search on their names, you will find more info

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,703 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: using Magado Travel

Thanks for your thoughts.

Perhaps you would be so good as to post your hotel reviews, so as to help fellow travellers.

Cairns
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: using Magado Travel

I am just back from a 13 day trip to Myanmar - Yangon, Bagan, Inle, Mandalay, Lashio and Pyin Oo Lwin.

To avoid carrying a lot cash I pre-booked all my hotels in Myanmar and a car for the day In Mandalay using Magado Travels and Tours in Yangon.

The bookings were done by email (travel.evisa@gmail.com) and I paid by credit card using their PayPal system.

Magado's service was excellent with emails and queries answered promptly and I was kept up to date with one hotel booking were I was on standby .

Vouchers were hand delivered to me after I passed through immigration at Yangon airport.

I highly recommend Magado Travels and Tours.

A T
Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: using Magado Travel

Hi, I want to add my voice to those recommending Magado Travels.

I had to arrange a Visa on Arrival (business) for a VIP client within a week and the team at Magado delivered. Thank you Mr Lin and team, without your help our client would have landed at Yangon with an expired guarantor company license!

If you do not want to take a chance on arriving in Yangon and being turned away for a faulty VOA application, I would highly recommend that you ask Magado to check your papers in advance.

Here are the points which we appreciated:

1. Email responses were very swift and in general answered our questions sufficiently. When I called for clarification, Mr Lin answered the phone himself and his sincerity comes through.

2. There was one email with about 6 attachments that did not go completely through, but the fax did not fail.

3. Payment via Paypal.

4. We also contacted two other local agencies for help by email and by phone, but Magado was the only one that said they could help us given the short timeframe.

So - I highly recommend Magado. We slept so much easier.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: using Magado Travel

Indialover - did they pre-arrange your visa for arrival as well or did you go to the embassy to get a visa?

10. Re: using Magado Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2013, 23:15
Get answers to your questions about Yangon (Rangoon)