We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Samoa for 2

Campbelltown...
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
107 reviews
70 helpful votes
Samoa for 2

Hello all

So vanuatu has always been our place. Have been 20+ times.

It's time for a change and I was thinking samoa. Have done Fiji, cook is, Singapore and langkawi.

I am asking a fairly open question at this stage.... was thinking September for 10 n8ghts split up between 2 places. If that's to be one on each island then so be it.

I am 55 and husband is 65. We aren't overly active but like to swim snorkel and check out places.

Pricing...let's go middle of the road for now. We don't like very basic and must have aircon. A view is nice and to swim off the beach would be great. Must have a pool that is easily accessed......not by a ladder!

So with the small amount I have told you what would you suggest....or what could you see yourself doing if you were us?

3 replies to this topic
Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
43 reviews
30 helpful votes
1. Re: Samoa for 2

Hi

I understand your wish to go somewhere else, we've been going to Samoa for 20+ years, staying up to 6 months at a time and after a while you realise there's a big wide world out there to be explored so lets go somewhere else. We've been going to Europe for the past few years and it has been a wonderful change.

As you want to stay in 2 places I think it would be best to do one on each island, they are quite different, you'll find Savaii more culturally stronger and geographically more rugged.

On Savaii I think Amoa Resort (across the road from the beach) or Le Lagoto (on the beach). Both have good facilities and authentic Samoan experiences.

On Upolu check out Taumeasina Island Resort, Tanoa Tusitala (both in Apia) or Saletoga Sands and Spa and Return to Paradise which are on the south coast and both on the beach.

September is tail end of the dry season so the weather should be good.

To help you get an idea of what is available to do etc go to the Samoa Tourism Website (http://samoa.travel) and you'll find a wealth of info,

Hope this helps

Deb

Campbelltown...
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
107 reviews
70 helpful votes
2. Re: Samoa for 2

Thanks deb.

Being our first time do you suggest I book with an agent so that we have transfers included. I just don't want to get there and be in a cafuddle and not know how to get where we have to.

It's a whole new world to us

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
43 reviews
30 helpful votes
3. Re: Samoa for 2

There's always plenty of taxis whenever a plane lands or you can get a transfer from the resort you book. It shouldn't be a problem but if you want peace of mind an agent might be the way to go bearing in mind that the same transfer of the resort will be used by the agent.

There's a lot of logistics involved in getting from one island to the other but the resorts will be able to help with that to.

If you have any questions during planning just ask or check out samoa.travel. Another handy source of info is Holidaying in Samoa on Facebook. There's plenty of locals, expats and fellow travellers who are a wealth of info.

If you go with no expectations you won't be disappointed. Samoa is still a tourism fledgling compared to other Pacific Islands. It's pristine, culturally strong and stunningly beautiful with super friendly locals always willing to help.

If you wanted to do a few organised tours I highly recommend Tai's Native Experience. Tai is a village chief who is passionate about showing tourists his beautiful country and educating people on Samoan history and culture. You can get in touch with Tai on Facebook.

Happy planning

Deb

Reply to: Samoa for 2
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Samoa
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.