We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biking in Niue

Tauranga, New...
5 posts
Biking in Niue

Heading to Niue in a couple of weeks. Trying to find a decent bike company to rent from? It seems like most may have gone out of business during the lockdowns? Only seem to be eBike companies available and limited at that? I’m after a pedal mountain bike ideally. Yes I appreciate it’s hot etc. but more than happy to pedal around. Especially as there are apparently no rental cars currently available.

Thanks

Cole

3 replies to this topic
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Biking in Niue

Hi cole. Did you get to cycle around Niue island in the end? What were your thoughts on Niue overall? We are heading over in a few weeks and we would like to do a bike around.

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
45 reviews
45 helpful votes
2. Re: Biking in Niue

Hi Deborah - thought I'd reply as we were in Niue for two weeks in September so have up-to-date thoughts for you. We don't cycle,so I'm not qualified to answer about that specifically, but personally it looked like being pretty hard work for the most part. There are a few bike-tracks that cars can't get down, so maybe hire bikes for just a day or so, but otherwise I'd definitely recommend a car. The roads aren't the best, it can be very windy, rainy, hot, and it's quite a big island. Having a car was very convenient - we could throw our swimming, snorkelling gear, lunch etc in the back and just go off exploring for the day.

Hope you love it as much as we did. No whales of course in November so you'll have to go back again in winter sometime so you can swim with them - an absolutely mind-blowing experieince.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Biking in Niue

Hi Jenny. Thankyou for your reply and your insights into experiencing Niue. Wow you spent two weeks in Niue. People are amazed we we are going for one week let alone two! We had an accomodation package deal with scenic Matavai which includes a car . Sure we will get lots of exercise walking so not having access to bikes is not too much of a biggie.

Reply to: Biking in Niue
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Niue
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.