We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitos/insects

Inverness, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
5 helpful votes
Mosquitos/insects

I’m trying to convince my wife on a getaway to Niue, and I’m about 95% of the way to success. The sticking point is the mosquito issue on some of the other Polynesian islands. Does Niue have the same issue with flying insects? If not, I’ll be booking our trip within a week 😍

3 replies to this topic
Taupo, New Zealand
Level Contributor
40 posts
44 reviews
38 helpful votes
1. Re: Mosquitos/insects

Just read a review of Scenic Matavai which says they had fly screens but that they weren't bothered by insects. We are going 25 Oct for10 days...should have been a week but ANZ changed their schedules. Mozzies feast on any uncovered part of my body so I'll let you know!

Inverness, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
5 helpful votes
2. Re: Mosquitos/insects

Sounds great @TaupoGirl. Enjoy your trip!

Wellington
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Mosquitos/insects

Hi Shawn, we just got back from a week on Niue. Fabulous place, quiet, very very safe, lots to do if you are adventurous. We weren't bothered by flying insects, the only real pests are the roosters who crow at any old time. Take ear plugs!

We stayed at Aleki Motels at Avatele ( great wee beach) which was less than a quarter of the price of a resort. You will need a car, ( $NZ 50 per day) as distances between attractions is quite far, almost noone seems to use bikes or scooters and there is no public transport.

Reply to: Mosquitos/insects
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Niue
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.