We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet speed

Upstate NY
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
Internet speed

I'm looking at spending about a week in Niue and I'm curious about Internet speeds. I'm lucky enough to be able to work remotely and will need to do some work while I'm there enjoying everything that Niue has to offer. All of the information I find about the Internet speeds is fairly old info. Does anyone know what kind of bandwidth is possible, either via public hotspot or paid somewhere? Is it possible to do a video call like Skype? How about something like uploading pictures to Facebook -- is that doable / how does the speed compare to someplace like Auckland? I've got a reservation at the Scenic Matavai Resort, though I'm not totally sure that I'll keep that rather than book one of the (few) other options on the island.

To be clear, I fully understand and expect that Internet access is likely not nearly as fast on a tiny pacific island as what you'd get in a larger country, I'm just trying to see if I can gather some info in order to plan. Thanks for any advice!

1 reply
New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island, Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand, Tonga
Level Contributor
24,499 posts
745 reviews
511 helpful votes
1. Re: Internet speed

the speed is not great, but adequate to check emails etc. I could only load a max of four photos on facebook at a time as it would timeout and couldnt handle anymore.

Reply to: Internet speed
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Niue
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.