We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 hour layover

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
269 posts
40 reviews
33 helpful votes
5 hour layover

I have a layover from 5am - 10am (yeah it sucks). Is there anything at all to do in town if I leave

the airport? Is the town interesting to go for breakfast and just walk around? If not, what

is there to do in the airport? Also, If I can go into town would I need a visa?

Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
269 posts
40 reviews
33 helpful votes
1. Re: 5 hour layover

After posting this I did some research and I see this is not a nice city... ha ha. So I guess I will stay in the airport. How is the airport at 6am? Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,613 posts
2 reviews
9 helpful votes
2. Re: 5 hour layover

there are several threads on layovers so please read them

5 hours is not really enough time to leave the airport area - you can stay airside without needing a visa

there is a good cafe and some shops

but if you want to go landside to just have a walk around you need a visa (easy to apply online but costs 50 usd) - around the airport there is heavy security so it is as safe as anywhere

Reply to: 5 hour layover
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Port Moresby
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.