We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can I quickly get a PNG police clearance certificate ?

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
414 posts
22 reviews
38 helpful votes
How can I quickly get a PNG police clearance certificate ?

HOW CAN I URGENTLY GET A PAPUA NEW GUINEA POLICE RECORDS CHECK / CHARACTER CHECK / POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE THAT I NEED FOR MY VISA OR EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION?

This question is now being asked on many forums now that there are many mining and petroleum projects in PNG with many fly in fly out expat workers Many former expat workers in PNG are now back in their home countries and seeking new employment opportunities or seeking visas to emigrate to other countries, thus requiring a police character and records check or "police clearance certificate" covering their time in Papua New Guinea.

There are ways of applying for the records check certificate by contacting the PNG police records office direct and sending papers in by mail, however this takes months and is very frustrating for people urgently needing their clearance certificate. The biggest problem is how to pay the very small application fee of PGK 10 and obtain an official government receipt to attach to the application - you can't just throw an old PGK10 note or AUD$5 note in the envelope with the application.

On Google there are many Agents advertising their services for PNG police clearance but most of them are overseas based and cannot really supply what they are promising (a quick certificate).

Fortunately a local agency in Port Moresby, PNG Development Services, is now offering a quick service (less than 4 weeks turnaround time) - their staff will physically go to the police cashier's office and pay your fee, attach it to your application and lodge it in person over the counter at the police records office at Konedobu, obtain a lodgment receipt, then walk your set of fingerprints up to the Forensics office at Gordons, leave it there for a few days while they do a fingerprint search and rubber stamp the form "nothing found on system" then pick up the fingerprints and take them back to the records office. (Normally this process would require several weeks with the paperwork wending it way through the police internal mail system).

The staff of PNG Development Services Ltd are at the front counter of the Records office and Forensics office several times a week and are familiar faces to the police officers working there which helps speed up the process over some friendly conversation and a shared betel nut.

The agency asks you to scan and e-mail your papers in advance for pre-checking before sending the originals by courier, to make sure all information given is complete and correct, based on their experience of exactly what the requirements are, which minimises the risk of any application being rejected by the police records office as "incomplete" which can be a frustrating waste of time.

As soon as your certificate is issued the agency will collect it, scan it and email a soft copy to you then forward the hard copy by certificated airmail or courier.

The fee for the lodgment service is PGK500 = AUD250 = USD200

Contact e-mail address is png.development.services@gmail.com

79 replies to this topic
1 post
1. Re: How can I quickly get a PNG police clearance certificate ?

I am seeking to obtain this PNG police clearance and going through Pacific Development Services Pty. Ltd. .

Just wondering if anyone has used this company to actually obtain their PNG police clearance certificate??

Can someone tell me if this company is reliable and also how long the process? ?

Thanks

Gold Coast
1 post
1 review
2 helpful votes
2. Re: How can I quickly get a PNG police clearance certificate ?

Hi Jimney!

How did you go in getting your police clearance? I'm trying to obtain one for my nephew but not sure if this company is legitimate.

Will appreciate your reply.

Thank you.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
414 posts
22 reviews
38 helpful votes
3. Re: How can I quickly get a PNG police clearance certificate ?

The company is legitimate (they have an Australian Business Number and a office in Cairns) and seem to be the only company offering this service. The PNG police records office was closed during the elections but is open again now.

Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: How can I quickly get a PNG police clearance certificate ?

Hi

I need pcc from png can you help me giving some authentic local agencies contact

Thank you

akshargajjar@gmail.com

Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
2 helpful votes
5. Re: How can I quickly get a PNG police clearance certificate ?

please give your direct whatsapp contact number so i can talk with you for getting my PCC from PNG and yoiur charge details sirs

Thank you

akshargajjar@gmail.com

9427336315 (cellphone - india)

1 post
6. Re: How can I quickly get a PNG police clearance certificate ?

I’m keen to have this PCC from PNG because I need it ASAP for my immigrant visa application.I need it in a month,If possively.

Port Moresby, Papua...
1 post
7. Re: How can I quickly get a PNG police clearance certificate ?

I have a police clearance certificate dated 12 October 2015.

Now I am trying to apply for employment in Australia and they require a 12 months police clearance.

Could I apply for a new police clearance or should i update my current police clearance certificate?

Kindly assist.

Nadiya

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
414 posts
22 reviews
38 helpful votes
8. Re: How can I quickly get a PNG police clearance certificate ?

The PNG police does not update their clearance certificates, you have to apply for a new one each time.

Also, there is no expiry date on the police certificates they issue in PNG.

It's up to employers and immigration departments overseas to decide the age limit of certificates they will accept. Immigration authorities in Canada, Australia and the USA will not accept certificates older than 1 year but some employers will accept much older certificates if you can prove that you have not been back in PNG since your last PNG police certificate was issued.

The main thing about PNG police clearances is that the process is VERY SLOW because the police records office in PNG is not computerised and they are under staffed and the paper chain is disorganised. Documents and whole applications often get misplaced in their office so you must keep a set of back up copies in case they ask for them. Expatriate applications also have to be shuffled down to the Interpol office at Konedobu police HQ for checking your name against the Interpol watch list and this adds to the processing time.

All up it takes about TWO MONTHS to get a police certificate from PNG and there is NO FAST TRACK SERVICE regardless of whether your application is lodged by a friend in Port Moresby or by a commercial lodgment agency like png.development.services@gmail.com so once you know that you need a PNG police clearance you MUST APPLY WITHOUT DELAY.

Khartoum, Sudan
1 post
9. Re: How can I quickly get a PNG police clearance certificate ?

What are the documents required to apply for a png police clearance certificate?

Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
2 helpful votes
10. Re: How can I quickly get a PNG police clearance certificate ?

you have to engage private agency to get PCC from PNG, there is no other way you can get it if you are once out of PNG.

We are thankful to PNG development services (local agency) and got our PCC from Rpngc,Port Moresby.also you need to be patience it takes 2 to 3 month's.

hope this will help you dear.

Reply to: How can I quickly get a PNG police clearance certificate ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Papua New Guinea
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.