We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sajama Park or Lake Titicaca?

Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Sajama Park or Lake Titicaca?

Hi, I will be traveling a few days in La Paz, I'm renting a car but only will be able to go to one place. which one would be more rewarding? Sajama or Lake Titicaca?

5 replies to this topic
Bolivia
Level Contributor
83 posts
1. Re: Sajama Park or Lake Titicaca?

Depends what you are looking for. Titicaca, or Copacabana anyway is very touristy. Sajama is almost empty and in my opinion much more beautiful, it also has lakes (albeit much smaller, one with flamingoes, the others you will see viscachas, as well as the very high altitude trees), all but one require short treks (about one hour to reach each one consecutively).

Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Sajama Park or Lake Titicaca?

Thanks so much for you reply , Anybody else?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
206 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Sajama Park or Lake Titicaca?

I have been to both places. My vote will go to Sajama park

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,632 posts
659 reviews
4. Re: Sajama Park or Lake Titicaca?

"Titicaca, or Copacabana anyway is very touristy. Sajama is almost empty and in my opinion much more beautiful, it also has lakes"

Based on this for me it would be Sajama Park.

London
Destination Expert
for Salta
Level Contributor
4,034 posts
289 reviews
5. Re: Sajama Park or Lake Titicaca?

I haven’t been to Sajama but did go to Copacabana a few years ago en route from Cusco to La Paz. Some photos and detail on our blog @ https:/… . Copacabana is reasonably touristy, but nowhere near as bad as Puno, the Uros islands etc. I found it a pleasant little town, a nice cathedral but the main reason for visiting would be the lake which of course, is unique. We took a half day trip to Isla Del Sol which was packed with tourists but the boat trip itself afforded some spectacular views of the lake and the Andes.

The drive between La Paz and Copa is also pretty spectacular and will involve your car going on one ferry whilst you go on another over a small part of the lake.

Reply to: Sajama Park or Lake Titicaca?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted