We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Travel to Damascus from Iraq

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
50 posts
19 reviews
13 helpful votes
Air Travel to Damascus from Iraq

Hello Everyone,

In June I am planning a 1 week trip to Syria.

I plan to get to Damascus by air, from Erbil, Iraq.

Fly Baghdad is one of the airlines I saw doing flights between Erbil and Damascus,

but a brief search shows a lot of negativity for Fly Baghdad (cancelled flights, etc), their website does not seem secure, and an email to them got bounced back.

Does anyone know a good way to fly to Damascus from Iraq,

or anywhere else in the region?

Any guidance will be very much appreciated !

best wishes,

John

12 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
50 posts
19 reviews
13 helpful votes
1. Re: Air Travel to Damascus from Iraq

Just as an update, I have given up on Fly Baghdad to get to Syria.

Looks like the options to fly to Damascus from Iraq are Ur Airlines and Cham Wings.

If anyone has any experience with either of those or another airline flying to Damascus, that will be very useful, so I can decide how best to get there. so far from what I saw Cham Wings reviews are spotty.

Thank You,

John

11 posts
2. Re: Air Travel to Damascus from Iraq

I am flying to Damascus with Cham Airlines in a few days. The website is easy to navigate, only issue ( big one) is you can't book through the website if you are not in Syria. At least that's how I interpret the error message I got. "Ticket doesn't comply with local regulations, can't be paid in SYP".

I used the chat bot and I got 3rd party booking options. However I had to pay an extra $100 for the tickets through 3rd party compared to the website. Could be different for others and just my bad luck

So I don't really have any experience with the actual flying part yet but so far no real issues.

I will be flying from UAE not Iraq

11 posts
3. Re: Air Travel to Damascus from Iraq

I didn't even look at reviews because Cham is the only option for me 🤷🏽‍♀️😅

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
50 posts
19 reviews
13 helpful votes
4. Re: Air Travel to Damascus from Iraq

Thanks for the feedback, Camilla A !

I did hear from another source that Cham Air is OK to use.

the payment issue is well noted.

Have a good and safe flight coming soon and let us know how it went !

Cheers

John

11 posts
5. Re: Air Travel to Damascus from Iraq

Safe travels to you too, John

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
50 posts
19 reviews
13 helpful votes
6. Re: Air Travel to Damascus from Iraq

Thanks and Best Wishes Camilla !!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
9 helpful votes
7. Re: Air Travel to Damascus from Iraq

Hi John. Which date in June? May I join? Do you have travel agent to book? Thanks

Ricky

11 posts
8. Re: Air Travel to Damascus from Iraq

Hi John

I don't know if you have already traveled with Cham Airlines to Damascus but I want to let you know about my experience 😊

The staff both at check in and in the cabin were all very kind, even woke me up when coming through with lunch. The food by the way was pretty good compared to my previous flights that day.

Of course I don't know what kind of visa you have, if any, but mine is an e-visa which is a very new thing for Syria travel, so no one on either end really knew what to, but they figured it out 😊

Safe travels

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
50 posts
19 reviews
13 helpful votes
9. Re: Air Travel to Damascus from Iraq

Hello Ricky, I am all set, though if you need any tips for an agent then just PM me and I will try to help. Cheers, John

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
50 posts
19 reviews
13 helpful votes
10. Re: Air Travel to Damascus from Iraq

Thanks Camilla, for the update ! very helpful for me and anyone else needing to know.

That is interesting about the e-visa. I can imagine there would be some confusion since its relatively new, but great to know it was all sorted out ! I will likely be coming in on a traditional visa.

Good to hear your experience with Cham Air was positive! This puts me at ease. I am most concerned that the flight goes as planned and is not cancelled or some other scheduling mishap.

If you are still travelling, happy and safe travels Camilla ! hope your trip to Syria is/was awesome.

best wishes

John

Reply to: Air Travel to Damascus from Iraq
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.