We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want a desert camel ride without the dune bashing....

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
226 reviews
95 helpful votes
Want a desert camel ride without the dune bashing....

dune bashing is not for my back, but it seems impossible to find a half day desert tour from Doha that offers a camel ride that doesn't also require dune bashing. Does anyone know a guide or company that would accommodate our desire to skip the dune bashing and spend a little more time on the camel? We're hoping to go this weekend so all thoughts most welcome and appreciated.

6 replies to this topic
Aluva, India
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
77 reviews
41 helpful votes
1. Re: Want a desert camel ride without the dune bashing....

You can skip dune bashing, if you are not interested. But, I am not usre whether they will compensate that time on camels. Else, you can go for a personalised trip with any of the leading tour operators, but, it's going to be expensive..

2. Re: Want a desert camel ride without the dune bashing....

I also hope to join a desert safary without dune bashing. Pls let me know if you find one. Will transit in Doha at the end of July

Aluva, India
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
77 reviews
41 helpful votes
3. Re: Want a desert camel ride without the dune bashing....

@Stay24296375953, tour operators do it as a private tour. Murex Tours and Activities does it. They charge QR 750 for a private tour for 2 persons.

4. Re: Want a desert camel ride without the dune bashing....

Thank you for your reply. I am a female solo traveller so I prefer to join a group. Considering about safety, unless if there is a female tour guide.. Also, private tour is a bit expensive....

Aluva, India
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
77 reviews
41 helpful votes
5. Re: Want a desert camel ride without the dune bashing....

@Stay24296375953, yes, private tours are expensive. Murex is not doing group tours. Check with other local operators. Qatar International Adventures, 365 Adventures, Discover Qatar, Arabian Adventures Qatar, Regency Travel and Tours etc. are some of the other leading operators.

6. Re: Want a desert camel ride without the dune bashing....

Thank you. Appreciate it

Reply to: Want a desert camel ride without the dune bashing....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.