We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa for US citizens and requirements for hotel selection

Florence, South...
Level Contributor
189 posts
17 reviews
36 helpful votes
Visa for US citizens and requirements for hotel selection

I am a US citizen.

Here is my flights itinerary for November - December 2024:

Chicago - Doha

3 days in Doha

Doha - Singapore

Hong Kong - Doha

2 days in Doha

Doha - Chicago

1. Do I need to apply for visa online before I fly to Doha? Or can I get visa at Immigration counter at the airport upon arrival? What are the fees for visa?

2. Is visa good for the return flight and stay (double entry within 30 days)? Or do I apply for 2 visa(s) - online or at the airport?

3. Can I book a hotel through Booking.com? One of the sites says that I should have "Confirmed hotel reservation through “Discover Qatar” website only. Hotel reservations from other websites are not accepted."

Thank you!

4 replies to this topic
Aluva, India
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
77 reviews
41 helpful votes
1. Re: Visa for US citizens and requirements for hotel selection

1. If you are a US passport holder, you don’t need a visa or rather it’s a free visa on arrival. You can walk to the immigration counters.

2. Again, US passport holders don’t need a visa.

3. Hotel booking through Discover Qatar is mandatory for nationalities from 5 countries i.e. India, Pakistan, Iran, Thailand and Ukraine. To my knowledge, for others only hotel booking is required. You can re-confirm with Discover Qatar.

Qatar
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Visa for US citizens and requirements for hotel selection

No need to be confused. US Passport holder do not require visa for Qatar. Just go to immigration and get out to the city.

If you need any help or any information you are free to contact me as I am here since 5 years. Thanks

South Orange, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
3. Re: Visa for US citizens and requirements for hotel selection

My client going to Dubai stopping in Doha for 1hr/30 min ..is a visa necessary

Thank you

caroljames7@att.net

Aluva, India
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
77 reviews
41 helpful votes
4. Re: Visa for US citizens and requirements for hotel selection

@Carol J, if both the legs of the journey are under one booking or single PNR, then you don't have to collect the baggage or pass through immigration. Hence, you will be on the air side and visa is not required. But, if both the bookings are different then you will need a visa. But, nationalities of about 100 countries are eligible for visa on arrival. To give a more accurate reply, you need to provide more details.

Reply to: Visa for US citizens and requirements for hotel selection
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.