We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar Airport

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Qatar Airport

Hello all,

We're planning a trip which includes connecting flights in Doha. Just a few queries I need a bit of advice on please:

Presume 55mins for the outbound connection is sufficient or will it be tight and the need to rush? Any chance of brief breaks along the way? (if required)

Our return flight is a 2 hour wait, so I'm guessing this is sufficient. However, I have been advised the airport in Doha is quite nice and I should consider a longer connection to make use of the duty free areas and other facilities. Is it really worth stopping for a few hours longer?

There is also the option going for the hotel stopover. However, unsure which area would be best to go for. Current options are 1) Near Al Wakrah Souq - 2) Near Shaykh Faisal Museum/Al Samriya - 3) Near West Bay City/Doha Mall.

Any suggestions/advice on the 3 locations above? I've been warned it is expensive. Not exactly looking for fine dining so I guess eating out would'nt require a Dubai-like budget - Or am I wrong? :)

2 replies to this topic
Aluva, India
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
77 reviews
41 helpful votes
1. Re: Qatar Airport

55 mins is good enough if everything goes well. Check the gates for your onward flight. In case your departure gate is far away, seek the help of Qatar Airways staff, who will help you reach the gate soon.

If you have a longer stopover, it's worth spending some time in Doha.

If you don't have much time, I would suggest you stay closer to the Souq Waqif area rather than Al Wakrah Souq. Of course, Al Wakrah Souq is worth visiting. Sheikh Faisal Museum is a bit away from the city. If you are visiting Sh. Faisal Museum, Shahaniya camel race track is near to that. Qatar National Museum and Museum of Islamic Art are very near to Souq Waqif.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
53 posts
2. Re: Qatar Airport

Thank you for the suggestions and advice

Reply to: Qatar Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.