We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Muang Long

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
55 reviews
Muang Long

Has anyone ever been to or heard anything about Muang Long? I am travelling to Laos in January/February and am interested in some less-touristy areas where there is trekking, villages etc. Is Luang Namtha touristy? Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
9,156 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: Muang Long

Well - I wouldn't call Luang Namtha touristy - though it is one of the more popular trekking areas. I enjoyed the trek in the jungle, and my stay in a minority village - but do check the various travel agencies, as some of them are not very good

I have never been to Muang long, but it will be less travelled than Luang Namtha - but the trekking could be a bit more expenisve there

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
55 reviews
2. Re: Muang Long

Thank you for your help!

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,349 posts
278 reviews
3. Re: Muang Long

Muang Long is beautiful and we'll worth a visit.

Luang namtha is one of the biggest northern towns, and is a hub from which treks can be done. From LN you can access muang sing, muang long and other smaller towns where trekking can be organized.

If you have time, visit muang long before it gets overrun by the Chinese.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
55 reviews
4. Re: Muang Long

Thanks!

5. Re: Muang Long

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2016, 19:16
Get answers to your questions about Laos