We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banthai Resort

Australind
Level Contributor
464 posts
29 reviews
Banthai Resort

Hi guys

We are looking at staying at the Banthai next April but not sure whether to go for deluxe pool side room or superior room on second floor. I am worried about a poolside room being too noisy etc but am worried the superior rooms look like they have single beds in! Can anybody help? Thanks :) Also our agent seems to be giving us a much cheaper rate than the actual hotel website. Is that the norm?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
1. Re: Banthai Resort

hi, we're staying there in 2 weeks time in a deluxe room - will let you know if someone doesn't answer before.

cheers

jay

Australind
Level Contributor
464 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Banthai Resort

Thanks Jay would be much appreciated :)

England
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
464 reviews
3. Re: Banthai Resort

we are staying in a superior room at the moment and we have a double bed!

i think most are doubles :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Banthai Resort

Hi guys

they have both single and double beds you just need to request which you prefer...

We stayed on the second floor... and loved it... def a hotel with location , couldnt fault anything here...

travel agents get speical pricing on certain hotels through their wholesalers... because they buy in bulk... so yes you can get some good deals...

enjoy your stay

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
548 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Banthai Resort

Have stayed several times over recent years at The Banthai. Built further back in the block behind the original quite small hotel directly fronting the beach (which now houses Watsons and Starbucks etc), it has been extended over the past eight years or so and now comprises three wings each with their own swimming pool.

As it is well set back from the street front it is very quiet and has three wings (the newest is entirely non-smoking). All rooms have a pool view. The beach, cafes and shopping are right outside the entrance.

And if you are staying in the new (non-smoking wing), you can use the staff entrance as a shortcut to get to Soi Wattana and two of my favourite restaurants, Lair Lay Tong (right outside the staff entrance) and Sea Hag, instead of 'hiking' five minutes down the sois and beachfront road.

I prefer the upper floors and we have always had doubles in the Superior Rooms. Although I have not noticed it at The Banthai, many hotels sometimes lock single bed bases together to make a double. That generally happens only if they run 'short' and if they do it properly with the right overlay (or a double mattress), you should never notice.

A friend and I have put together a tip sheet over the 15 years or so we have been visiting Patong. It is a sort of 'quick start' for your holiday and suggests places to go, places to eat and, of course, places to shop as well as information on things like drinking water, currency exchange and so on! Something to carry with you and totally non-commercial.

If you would like a copy, just email me: rfdunedin@ymail.com.

Australind
Level Contributor
464 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: Banthai Resort

Thanks for all your replies. I notice there is definately a feeling of "prefering" the second floor superior rooms to the deluxe pool rooms. Any reason? And thanks Kiwilad I already have your book and its brilliant! There is a very short video of the pool rooms on youtube and they look lovely...

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
548 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Banthai Resort

Thanks! Glad u enjoyed it and hope you find it useful once you are "on the ground". I prefer the second level simply because it is quieter and more private. You can sit on your own balcony whereas the poolside rooms open up directly to where all the sub loungers are. Mind you, if you want first go at those in the mornings, then go poolside! Some people in poolside rooms do think they can reserve them by putting towels on them at the first crack of dawn. Not that I have ever had a problem but.....

You will enjoy The Banthai and what lies at the doorstep. Don't forget the quick access to Soi Wattana, its restaurants (especially Lair Lay Tong), shops etc via the staff entrance. Just smile and nod at the security guards who sit in the shade at the end of Soi Wattana!

As always travel well, travel safe.

Who knows, we might be there in April ourselves!

Cheers!

Perth
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Banthai Resort

Hi there

We have just returned from staying at the Banthai in a Deluxe Room ground floor. Fantastic!! We didnt have any issues with noise or privacy as the rooms are set back several metres from where the sun lounges are situated and partially camouflouged by lush vegetation. Inside, the rooms have wooden slatted blinds that can be tilted or closed to shut out any noise. However, as this was the low season, the hotel was quiet overall anyway. Not sure how busy the month of April would be....

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
9. Re: Banthai Resort

hi we've just returned too :((

stayed in a ground floor deluxe room in the new wing (non smoking)... have to agree with nutmeg ... no noise at all and we were near the pool bar.

Admittedly we weren't in the room much but there was peace n quiet when we were. The staff were fantastic - the location was brilliant.

Will post JBR soon (when I start coping with cold Melbourne!)

cheers

10. Re: Banthai Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2010, 18:19