We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Help

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Visa Help

Hi I am flying into Bangkok from Europe and will require a visa however I am then flying to Phuket so do I get my Visa on arrival at Bangkok or when I arrive in Phuket. TIA.

12 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
15,465 posts
136 reviews
1. Re: Visa Help

All Visa procedures are done at first point of entry into Thailand. So Bangkok.

If you have a UK passport you will get a free 30 day visa waiver stamp, not a Visa On Arrival.

Edited: 20 November 2018, 01:49
Rawai, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,383 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Visa Help

What’s your nationality?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
3. Re: Visa Help

Thank you DodgerIrishinLondon

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
4. Re: Visa Help

British

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
5. Re: Visa Help

Would you know if we could get a visa for longer, we are leaving Thailand then coming back is it best to get another one when re entering the county?.

London, United...
Level Contributor
15,465 posts
136 reviews
6. Re: Visa Help

With a British passport you will get the 30 day visa waiver each entry.

But you need to show proot (proof of onward travel in the form of a plane ticket) that you will be leaving before day 31. So if you are leaving by plane then no problems, but you must have this proot before flying to Thailand. Otherwise you can be refused boarding in the UK.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
1 review
7. Re: Visa Help

Some good information on visas in the link below, have aread and if you are still unsure on anything please come back and ask.

https://thailand971.wordpress.com/

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
8. Re: Visa Help

Hi DodgerIrishinLondon not sure if I am reading this correctly but if I am flying into Thailand then leaving before my 30 days to go to Malaysia and Cambodia then can I get another 30 day visa when entering back into Thailand from Cambodia ( we are away for 35 days in total) I am in Thailand for 6 days then Malaysia for 5 then Cambodia for 3 then back to Thailand for 21 days.

TIA

Rawai, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,383 posts
31 reviews
9. Re: Visa Help

Yes, you’ll get a new 30 day allowance each time you enter the country.

London, United...
Level Contributor
15,465 posts
136 reviews
10. Re: Visa Help

'but if I am flying into Thailand then leaving before my 30 days to go to Malaysia'

How ?? It has to be by plane.

You need a plane ticket to Malaysia. This proves to airline in the UK that you are leaving within 30 days. Bus tickets etc are not proof.

Then each time you enter Thailand you get another 30 days.

Edited: 23 November 2018, 00:22
Reply to: Visa Help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted