We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sailing Pha Nga bay and Phi Phi island

3 posts
Sailing Pha Nga bay and Phi Phi island

Hi,

We will hire for 10 days in Heaven marina. We were sailing more than 20 years but never in Phuket area. What do you recomend.We would go to Phi Phi and some other islands but we do not know a lot of weather condition in that area. I saw, due to severe weather accident happend in area where we would like to sail. What is the beast nautic forecast we can get for that area? Thanks for your suggestions.

rgds

Tomas

4 replies to this topic
Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Sailing Pha Nga bay and Phi Phi island

Sounds like a great plan. It may make a difference what time of year you are coming.

Mark.

3 posts
2. Re: Sailing Pha Nga bay and Phi Phi island

Hi,

We are coming now in July 20th and we will hire the catamaran Lagoon for 10days. We are planing to make easy sailing with snorkeling around the Phi phiisland and Pha Nga bay area.. We are group of four.(two couples). We are sailing more than 20years (mostly Adriatic sea, Carribean sea) but we newer sail in this area, so every info will be very appreciate.

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Sailing Pha Nga bay and Phi Phi island

Hi Tomas. You are coming in the middle of wet season. Not the best time for overnight sailing.

I suggest you plan to spend most of the time in the sheltered waters of Phang Nga Bay. There are plenty of islands to visit and safe places to anchor if the weather is rough. If you get 2 or 3 days good weather then make a dash to Phi Phi or Racha and then back to the bay. Phi Phi Islands are closer.

Your boat will probably have a sailing guide guide (book) aboard for the area. If not, I suggest you get one.

This is the best forecast site, but it is often worse than forecast: https://www.windguru.cz/310

Mark.

Phuket Sail Tours.

Edited: 10 July 2018, 11:45
3 posts
4. Re: Sailing Pha Nga bay and Phi Phi island

Hi,

Thanks for your anwers.

Yes, we already bought Asian south sea pilot book for that area. Yes, we have the same plan about sailing to Phi Phi.

Sorry..I have few more questions..

Which island do you recomend for overnight save anchoring during this season in Pha Nga Bay? What about PHi Phi island where is save to anchoring overnight in this season?

How is in Pha Nga bay with tide?

rgds

Tomas

Edited: 10 July 2018, 17:02
Reply to: Sailing Pha Nga bay and Phi Phi island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted