We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safety

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
96 posts
162 reviews
safety

I have 2 girls doing a world tour and this is one of their stops. I have not heard much about this place. Is it safe enough? what is the island like as a whole?

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: safety

There has been an increasing number of rapes and murders lately.They need to stick together,especially after dark.

Google "Samui rape"

Cheers

JohnB

2. Re: safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2006, 01:57
Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,111 posts
166 reviews
3. Re: safety

Hi Navigator, As long as they stay together & are aware of their surroundings at all times whether it Koh Samui or anywhere else in the world they will be fine... My mother in law who has travelled a lot over the years always tell us .. go enjoy yourself but don't trust anybody.. CJ

4. Re: safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2006, 01:59
Get answers to your questions about Ko Samui