We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banks and Mail Forwarding

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
201 posts
154 reviews
Banks and Mail Forwarding

I was wondering if anyone knew of a PO Box/Mail Forwarding company in Chiang Mai. The mail forwarding service is important to me so a regular PO Box at the Post Office wouldn't work.

Also, I was wondering what the best Bangkok Branch in Chiang Mai is for a foreigner opening a new account?

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province
Level Contributor
7,964 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Banks and Mail Forwarding

What forwarding are you needing, a place to receive mail forwarded from your business back home or a service to forward mail from Chiang Mai when you aren't here? There are several mailbox rental places, but I haven't seen one that will forward your mail to somewhere else. If you have important mail that needs to find you when you are traveling, you might be better with a forwarding service back home, probably more reliable than a Thai company.

I have dealt with both the Tha Phae and Chang Puek branches of Bangkok Bank, their customer service reps all speak decent English. Technically you are supposed to have a visa (business, long stay, etc) to open anything more than a savings with atm card. But like many things in Thailand, these formalities are often overlooked.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
201 posts
154 reviews
2. Re: Banks and Mail Forwarding

I'm looking for mail forwarding within Thailand

3. Re: Banks and Mail Forwarding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2014, 16:20