We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety Deposit Boxes

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
57 reviews
Safety Deposit Boxes

Hi,

We will be doing some shopping in Bangkok. Was wondering if anyone knows how the safety deposit system works?

1. Where are the safety boxes located?

2. How much do these cost?

3. How long can you hold onto them - & is it reflected in the price. For example is there a daily rate for these boxes?

4. How safe are these safety boxes????

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
46 reviews
1. Re: Safety Deposit Boxes

Sometimes they are in the room, other times in the htel office. Most hotels that have in room boxes also have a hotel office safe. The boxes should be free and available to you throughout your stay. Nothing is foolproof, but they are very safe. I would not put anything irreplaceable in them, but I also would not travel with anything irreplaceable. I have used them often and never had a problem, but I only use them for documents and extra cash, but the cash amounts are relatively small.

sydney
Level Contributor
65 posts
2. Re: Safety Deposit Boxes

Kia Ora Prince,

i was in Thailand in May the hotel i stayed at had saftey deposit boxes at their reception desk.

You sign a register book and then given a key for your personal saftey box.

There is no fee and you have the use of your saftey box untll the duration of your stay

Injoy your holidays.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
57 reviews
3. Re: Safety Deposit Boxes

cheers guys (and kiaora Maori warrior),

Thanks for your replies... Now one more question

I want to leave stuff in the boxes coz i wanna travel to malaysia/singapore/india and then back to thailand. Is there safety boxes available for a longer term??

hope i am not confusing anyone.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
238 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: Safety Deposit Boxes

If you are staying in the same hotel in Thailand on your return from India etc, then you may be able to arrange with the hotel to keep your things for you until your return. . Apart from this I don;t know of any long term secure storage options.

Mokhotlong, Lesotho
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
5. Re: Safety Deposit Boxes

What type of safety deposit are you looking for?? Just for valueables or for storage of bigger items?

Valueables - there is a company in Sindhorn building on Wireless Rd. next to the American Embassy.

For bigger items - the hotels usually keep stuff up to 3 months. Some charge a small fee, others keep it for free.

Alternatively - there is Bangkok Storage on Rama IV Rd. next to Boss Tower. You can leave suitcases, boxes or rent even a small room.

Expat run, works well and 24 hr access. Price depends on quantity or volume. Check Bangkokstorage.com if you are interested.

6. Re: Safety Deposit Boxes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 00:21