We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bankok to kualumpur by rail

guwahati
1 post
bankok to kualumpur by rail

Hi

I am planning to go to kualumpur then to Singapur by rail with my wife and two kids

I came to know that I have to change train at Hat yai. Form bangkok to HY is there any bus in the morning so that I can catch the train to kul at evining..Please let me know what would be best either by bus, taxi or train to hat yai (less time consuming.) to cacth the exp train which I sopouse leave for kulmp at 16.40

please tell me you exp. Any idea of transit visa for kualumpur.

k saikia

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,819 posts
386 reviews
1. Re: bankok to kualumpur by rail

Hi

If you book early enough you may find flying directly to Kuala Lumpur or Singapore is the easiest option.

The Man in Seat 61 website http://www.seat61.com/Malaysia.htm has lots of information on times, prices etc. You will change trains twice if you do the full journey, in Butterworth (Penang) and then in Kuala Lumpur.

You will not be in transit in Malaysia is you are on the train, the transit visa is designed for those on transit flights. Why not speak to your Malaysian High Commission in your country to see what you would need if you plan to do a train journey.

Thank you for asking.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,261 posts
69 reviews
2. Re: bankok to kualumpur by rail

That'a a long journey especially with children. As much as I love train travel in Thailand, I don't think I'd do that whole journey with my kids and agree with TM that you might find some cheap flights if you book early enough.

You don't change at Hat Yai you actually change trains at Butterworth and go through customs at Padang Besar a bit further south.

3. Re: bankok to kualumpur by rail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 03:15