We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banngkok in September

Melbourne
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Banngkok in September

Hi,

I am making my third solo trip to Thailand in September, spending 5 days in Bangkok. i have done most of the standard tourist destinations, but have not been to the Damnoen Saduak floating markets. I have had mixed reports whether it is worth the trip. Does anyone have a good tour company they know of to go with, or an opinion of whether it is really worth it. Also if anyone knows of other places in Bangkok that are worth visiting that are not that popular. I like visitng places with great architecture and gardens. Thanks K

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Banngkok in September

You could visit both the Erawan Museum and Muang Boran an hour south of Bangkok in Samut Prakarn:

http://www.ancientcity.com/

Suan Luang Rama 9 Park at Sukhumvit 103:

…blogspot.com/2006/06/suan-luang-rama-9-bang…

Koh Kred (Kred Island) in the Chao Phrya River opposite Pakkred, Nonthaburi. Mon potteries, old temples, and fruit orchards:

thailandforvisitors.com/central/…kokred.html

UK
Level Contributor
909 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Banngkok in September

Hi

Dragon always seems to come up with some interesting stuff, I will make a note of them, thanks Dragon

We enjoyed the floating market- sure it is touristy, but still well worth the visit and to say you have seen it. Like all these things I think is good to make up your own mind.

We also enjoyed a trip out to Amphawa mainly to see fire flies at night by long tail,but also the small floating weekend market and we had an exellant local dinner. When we were there it was mainly Thai so had a good local feel to it.

For tour company- well as always there is Tong on www.tourwithtong.com, good selection of tours and info on her site.

My preference is Wandee, it was her that took us to Amphawa e mail cin1133@yahoo.com, www.wandeetoursforyou.com. Wandee is good company relaxed and very knowledgeable. If you hire for a day you do have flexibility, and learn so much interesting stuff from a local

Anyway have a good journey and travel safely

Melbourne
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Banngkok in September

Thanks to you both for some great information. The only problem I have now is how to get to these places! I'm not very good with navigation!!

Thanks again

K

UK
Level Contributor
909 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: Banngkok in September

Hi K

I am sure Dragon will give you the insight to that, and is something I am intereted in as well.

A guide takes away the navigation problem, it becomes their problem and is what you pay for. So you just enjoy the tour and the company.

You have survived 3 solo journeys so you are getting it right so far, have fun know you will.

Best wishes

5. Re: Banngkok in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2010, 19:16