We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety in Thailand

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Safety in Thailand

Hi there I am thinking of travelling to Thailand in october wanting to do all the usual things there, I read on the UK government website they advise to stay away from certain areas as there have been bombings and killings.....has anyone who's either there or just come back have any ideas ? cheers

Italy
Level Contributor
39,684 posts
234 reviews
1. Re: Safety in Thailand

There's no problem at all in the tourist areas, loads of people visit Thailand every year, the only problem you might have could be the weather as October is one of the worst months to travel because of the monsoon rains.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
2. Re: Safety in Thailand

The areas mentioned are Yala, Narathiwas, and Pattani provinces in the deep south close to Malaysia. They are well away from any area any tourist would want to visit. The rest of the country is fine, safer than the UK for tourists.

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
123 reviews
3. Re: Safety in Thailand

The "usual things" are ALL done far away from the small pocket of trouble in the Thai/Malay border region.

Read these if you want some relevant advice;

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-c121951/Thail…

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293916-s206/Bangkok:…

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Safety in Thailand

Thanks that's great......I were planning to come out in october but as Chrella says it's maybe not the best time.....should I wait until next year....January

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
5. Re: Safety in Thailand

dont forget john , october onwards is high season -prices for hotels rise drastically

before october hotel prices are cheap

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
6. Re: Safety in Thailand

October is low season in many place. January has far better weather but of course higher air fares, higher hotel rates.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
11,785 posts
172 reviews
7. Re: Safety in Thailand

Any time between November to February are IMHO the best months to visit weather wise, although is a few places there is still a bit of rain about in November.

Where in Thailnd are you plnning to visit?

8. Re: Safety in Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2013, 21:17