We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand famous buckets

Truro, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
Thailand famous buckets

Hi all

Are the Thailand buckets still sold in Chiang Mai, BK, Phuket, Islands etc.?

Am I correct in saying this is a bucket full of vodka, red bull and a soda? Also how much are they?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
72 reviews
57 helpful votes
1. Re: Thailand famous buckets

I haven't seen them in Phuket or Bangkok but I don't go to the clubs where they would sell them. The attached link is only a couple of months old and says "It’s literally a bucket (like the ones kids take to the beach) filled with ice, M150 (a Thai version of Red Bull which is heavy on the ephedrine), a can of soda, a 300 ml bottle of liquor and 3 or 4 straws. Total cost: 200 baht/$US6" Good luck.

https://www.worldnomads.com/travel-safety/southeast-asia/thailand/full-moon-mayhem-surviving-the-party#bucket-drinks

Fitzroy, Australia
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
447 reviews
434 helpful votes
2. Re: Thailand famous buckets

Or, in place of the liquor, it might be some home made alcoholic concotion which may or may not send you blind. Enjoy.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
4,802 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Thailand famous buckets

In Bangkok your best bet would be Khao San Road, Phucket would be Bangla Road Patong and I have not been to CM for years so don't know. At 200 Baht the alcohol is almost certainly not vodka but lao khao a local Thai "moonshine" distilled from rice.

Ambrym, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
11,427 posts
4. Re: Thailand famous buckets

Common sense and big city wits of even a not so intelligent person, would not accept a beverage they did not see opened in front of them.

UP2U .... but keep your insurance current, and fill out the 'next of kin' notification line in detail, on you embassy form.

5. Re: Thailand famous buckets

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.