We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety

2 posts
Safety

Hi everyone!

Just wondering would anyone have any information on what it's like to travel alone in Thailand? I would be flying in Bangkok and taking the ferry to one of the islands where I will spend a month in one of the many yoga retreats that are there. Also, does anyone know if you can bring bendryl into Thailand? I'm majorly allergic to bugs so I will need them, that's for sure! Thank you :)

5 replies to this topic
newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,464 posts
169 reviews
1. Re: Safety

Bring your common sense with you & you'll be fine. Millions of tourists every year travel by themselves to Thailand, including myself

Look at the FAQ Personal Safety on the list of FAQ's at the side, & search for information on scams using the Search facility, to find & read relevant threads

Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
8,567 posts
91 reviews
2. Re: Safety

benadryl is readily available here.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
18,586 posts
3. Re: Safety

Your chances of something stolen from you (or worse) increases if you invite random guys or ladies to your hotel room. Getting wasted on alcohol and engaging in risky pursuits could increase your possibility of some sort of harm. Same advice for guys!

Make sure your visa covers you for the time in Thailand. If your total time in Thailand exceeds 30 days you probably need a tourist visa you get ahead of time. (Depends on the passport you take with you.)

Forum search with your laptop or other big screen computer will give you posts for "solo woman traveler" or "woman traveling alone" type questions. Do a search and read over some of the posts.

Take the time to read up on scams to avoid, how to handle your money, etc.

Good luck.

2 posts
4. Re: Safety

Thanks everyone! I'm always safe when I travel so I'll be fine. Just a little bit nervous being so far from home but it's mostly exciting :) Thanks again!

Level Contributor
588 posts
58 reviews
5. Re: Safety

Don’t get yourself drunk and you will be safe. Walk on main roads and avoid the dark alleys. Choose a hotel with main road beside.

Reply to: Safety
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted