We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ACAP and TIMS in Pokhara

London
Level Contributor
270 posts
5 reviews
7 helpful votes
ACAP and TIMS in Pokhara

We arrive in Pokhara on Saturday evening 26 March and want to start trekking on Sunday 27 March.

But we need ACAP and TIMS passes for the trek.

Is the office open on Sunday ? from 10am ?

Would it take long to get the passes ?

Our plan would then be to bus to Naya Pul and at least walk 2 or 3 hours towards Ghorepani.

Alternatively - and maybe better - can we get a bus from Naya Pul to Tatopani (Hot Springs) - and then start walking the next day?

Will buses be running from Naya Pul to Tatopani on Sunday afternoon ?

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
928 posts
6 reviews
7 helpful votes
1. Re: ACAP and TIMS in Pokhara

Yes, ACAP and Nepal Tourism Board, Pokhara Branch opens in Sunday from 10 AM. It does not take long time. Just about 15 - 30 minutes.

No, you do not get direct buses to Tatopani from Nayapul, so my recommendation is drive to Beni from Pokhara Bus Park and then take another bus to Tatopani from Beni. That would be fine if you want to. There are not any buses directly to Tatopani from Nayapul.

But if you are looking for easier option then I would recommend you to drive to Nayapul, trek to Ghorepani in 2 days and then trek to Tatopani another day. That will be easier than coming up to Ghorepani from Tatopani.

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
928 posts
6 reviews
7 helpful votes
2. Re: ACAP and TIMS in Pokhara

Sorry, I forgot to mention one thing. Permit and TIMS cards are very important to do trekking in Annapurna Region. So, make sure that you have permits before starting your journey. Otherwise, they will penalty you the double charge if they needed to issue permit for you on the way!

London
Level Contributor
270 posts
5 reviews
7 helpful votes
3. Re: ACAP and TIMS in Pokhara

Thank you for the reply.

Yes - my instinct is to get to Naya Pul as soon as possible after midday, after collecting the passes, and then head up to Tirkedunga - that looks feasible in an afternoon of walking. (After Ghorepani we are going through Chomrong into Annapurna Sanctuary )

Do we have to go to 2 different offices for the ACAP and TIMS passes ?

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
928 posts
6 reviews
7 helpful votes
4. Re: ACAP and TIMS in Pokhara

You have made the perfect itinerary. I am sure that you will like it.

No, you will get both permits at the same office in Pokhara. There are almost together inside a building!

I would recommend you to take at least a guide or a porter who knows the trail. There are some confusing junctions on the way! Make sure you won't follow the wrong side!

Edited: 19 February 2011, 01:51
London
Level Contributor
270 posts
5 reviews
7 helpful votes
5. Re: ACAP and TIMS in Pokhara

Again - many thanks. (And thank you for the many contributions you make to Nepal forums here.

We have already booked a porter.

We will be staying at the excellent Butterfly Lodge in Pokhara. I stayed there for a week back in 2004 after completing the Annapurna Circuit and Annapurna Sanctuary treks, solo with a porter I hired in Syange after walking in from Besisahar.

But I was only 62 then, I may be a bit slower this time ! As last time - I intend to take things at a steady pace - I really cannot see why people rush these treks, it is more risky for AMS and why not enjoy the splendours of the Annapurna range !!! We are allowing 9 days for the Annapurna Sanctuary trek via Ghorepani - but if it takes a bit longer, so what ?

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
928 posts
6 reviews
7 helpful votes
6. Re: ACAP and TIMS in Pokhara

The plan you are doing is quite good. I wish you won't get affected by AMS. Please drink lots of fluids and don't be on rush while ascending up. If you can manage then staying one night in MBC will be great.

Pokhara
Level Contributor
892 posts
32 reviews
31 helpful votes
7. Re: ACAP and TIMS in Pokhara

Hi John / Greetings ,

Now the T.I.M.S. office & ACAP Office open on saterday also in Pokhara

counter as both are social & non government office , in Nepal most of the

Government organisation are closed once a week on saterday only.

so you can no dough getting them on sunday.

About your Hike on First Day you can take a private taxi to Nayapul which is not Expensive / if you still wanna take a Bus Please find Baglung Bus Park

as there are three bus stand in Pokhara you have to Note that station Name.

it will take about 1/2 to Nayapul . first Day stay at place call Hille / Make it to trikhedhunga just 40 Minutes next village after Hille Day 2 you can easly rich ghorepani.

if you want to start from the other side as u mentioned get a Bus to Beni takes about four hours on a public bus , than change to a local public jeep

to TATOPANI (Enjoy the Hot Bath)

continue the Hike from NExt day,

in Advance very happy journey to Nepal & The Annapurna's

Kind Regards

Glacier Hotel Pokhara .

8. Re: ACAP and TIMS in Pokhara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Pokhara