We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cell Phone Service

Indio, California
Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
cell Phone Service

i will be in Mainland France and then Reunion in March. i purchased the Orange Europe Holiday package for my unlocked phone. Will that work in Reunion? Or do I need a new esim or chip for 3 days.? if so, is there a Orange store at airport - I need cell access for driving navigation.

2 replies to this topic
Sainte Marie...
Level Contributor
429 posts
93 reviews
87 helpful votes
1. Re: cell Phone Service

Your phone *should* work in Reunion, but there's no way to be 100% certain until you arrive.

If it's in English, you might want to read the small print of your Orange package to see whether it mentions coverage or not in France's overseas départements.

In the worst case scenario of it not working, I'm not aware of there currently being a general store at the airport where SIM cards are sold (the information desk could tell you), but there are two shopping centres within a mile or two or the airport which you can get to without using Satnav (or use airport wifi to check the route beforehand) and where you can buy a SIM card.

Edited: 28 February 2024, 20:53
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
81,793 posts
377 reviews
407 helpful votes
2. Re: cell Phone Service

We used our Vodafone subscription, valid in all EU countries, without problem in Reunion (and earlier also in e.g. Guadeloupe). So at least a considerable part of the providers includes overseas departments under their coverage. But as mentioned above, no 100% guarantee until you try...

-Erik> & [Sandya]

Reply to: cell Phone Service
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.