We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This place looks amazing

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
289 posts
1 review
This place looks amazing

I stumbled across this island as I was looking at Mauritius as a possible destination. Can anyone give a rough idea of how much a 10 day trip hear would cost with flights from the UK. Is there a cheaper time of the year to go? Thank you

1 reply
Kendal, United...
Level Contributor
495 posts
37 reviews
31 helpful votes
1. Re: This place looks amazing

I'm not an expert on the location but can maybe help a bit as I have just booked our trip.

Reunion is one of the wettest places on earth during their summer, around November to April when it will be hot and humid with the chance of cyclones December to March. The best time to visit seems to be June to November if you want to avoid the worst of the rain.

If you are flying from Manchester the flights are going to be expensive, around £900 - £1000 per person, there are a variety of flights direct from Paris, but none from Manchester. Emirates fly via Dubai. You could shave a bit off the price by taking a budget flight to Paris and going from there. We have booked Air France from Manchester via Paris to avoid messing about with baggage in Paris.

A multi-city flight Man-Reunion-Mauritius-Man will not cost any more, in fact may be cheaper, if you want to combine the two islands.

Accommodation wise it is what you make it. B&B, some half board and lots of self catering, which suits many people who are going there to hike. There is not much luxury accommodation, so you can pay anything from £50 a night for decent self catering to £500 a night peak time, somewhere like Lux St Gilles, half board.

Most choices are in St. Denis and down the west coast, popular spots are St-Gilles, St-Paul and St-Pierre, where the nice beaches are, or up in the mountain villages if you are there to walk. Surfing isn't a good idea due to shark attack risks but swimming in the lagoon down the west coast is fine.

Edited: 13 February 2024, 01:24
Reply to: This place looks amazing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.