We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sangha Lodge CAR

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
10 helpful votes
Sangha Lodge CAR

Since the demise of the leader of the Wagener group earlier this year, I was wondering what the security and safety situation in Central African Republic is right now.

I hope to go on a birding trip to CAR and am staying at Sangha Lodge.

I am an Australian and I’m wondering also how to get a CAR visa.

There doesn’t appear to be a CAR embassy or consulate in Australia. Any information about either of my wondering would be useful.

1 reply
Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,982 posts
644 reviews
270 helpful votes
1. Re: Sangha Lodge CAR

You can obtain your visa for the CAR upon arrival in the airport in Bangui. All the information necessary is available on Google.

I have stayed at Sangha Lodge and just loved it. There is far more to see than just birds. You'll see Lowland Gorillas, bongo antelope, many forest elephants, and even pangolins. You'll even meet pygmies.

I have to say that Dzanga-Sangha National Park is one of my favorite places in Africa.I say that after having gone on no less than 31 safaris and spent over a year and a half of my life on safari.

There

Reply to: Sangha Lodge CAR
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Central African...
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.