We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable safari

1 post
Affordable safari

Is there a good, safe and affordable safari that has electricity and en-suite bathrooms?

3 replies to this topic
5 posts
1. Re: Affordable safari

Let me know too!

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
350 posts
2. Re: Affordable safari

Cindi, affordable safari depends on what you are interested in seeing and doing on safari, the kind of accommodation you choose, the number of days for your tour, and the number of people you are traveling with.

I am more knowledgeable about safaris to Uganda but I believe the same principles shared above apply to wherever you will be traveling for your safari. The country you choose to do the safari in also may influence the price with some destinations being more expensive than others.

For example, in Uganda you can be able to do a safari to see wildlife from Africa's Big 5 (lion, elephant, leopard, rhino and African buffalo), and other wildlife life like giraffes, gorillas, chimpanzee, and more without going to another country. Other safari destinations may not have gorillas (only three countries in the world have mountain gorillas), so you will have to the destination that does. All that affects cost.

About the number of people in your group, the more the better. If you are traveling alone, you foot the full cost of the safari. If you are more, the cost is shared between the group with each one paying less the more you are up to a certain number. Many safaris are private so often the maximum benefits come with being 4 to 6 people per group.

Seasons also matter with high season (depending on which country) meaning you have to pay more due to greater demand. In Uganda, the high season is June-August, and December-February. Find out the travel seasons of the country you want to visit. Prices of may be a little lower in that destination's low season.

I hope this helps.

Vincent | Kwezi Outdoors

10 posts
3. Re: Affordable safari

I also want to know. I am planning to visit in this July

Reply to: Affordable safari
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Central African...
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.