We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit Visa Cameroon - Overall situation in Bangui

Liberty Hill, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
154 reviews
110 helpful votes
Transit Visa Cameroon - Overall situation in Bangui

Nearly all flights will have a layover in Cameroon. Do I have to get the transit visa before I travel?

Has anyone been recently to Bangui? How is the situation? I read, Bangui itself should be safe. Okay, as long as you act responsible (not showing any money, jewelries, etc), not going out alone at night, stuff like that. But is it still the case?

5 replies to this topic
Ludwigsburg, Germany
Level Contributor
592 posts
185 reviews
527 helpful votes
1. Re: Transit Visa Cameroon - Overall situation in Bangui

Transit without visa is allowed for travellers continuing their trip by the same or first connecting plane within 24 hours and without leaving the airport.

Ordinary passports cannot get a visa of any kind at the airport.

Passport holders of Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Nigeria enter visa-free.

Liberty Hill, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
154 reviews
110 helpful votes
2. Re: Transit Visa Cameroon - Overall situation in Bangui

Hi Dan, thanks for your reply. I saw in your profile that you habe visited Bangui. We are planing to go there next year. Do you have more information about Bagui itself? Where to stay or how about car rentals? I am following the news, which say Bangui should be ok. But hotels and guesthouse haven’t replied to my emails since weeks, which seems to be a drastic infrastructure problem. If you have further information or maybe a contact in Bangui it would be awesome.

Ludwigsburg, Germany
Level Contributor
592 posts
185 reviews
527 helpful votes
3. Re: Transit Visa Cameroon - Overall situation in Bangui

Hi!

I was in Bangui a couple of years ago unfortunately, right now I am planning Sudan and Chad.

I stayed at the Ledger Plaza Bangui. It wasn't cheap two years ago, but has, since then, skyrocketed :/ I went by car with driver (self-drive is not recommendable), organized by the hotel. contact@laicohotels.com

There were quite a number of places off limit, it's not an easy road to go.

4. Re: Transit Visa Cameroon - Overall situation in Bangui

Dear Sir /madam

Where we can get Central African Republic visit visa

Liberty Hill, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
154 reviews
110 helpful votes
5. Re: Transit Visa Cameroon - Overall situation in Bangui

I wondered about this too! I think it might be, because of their jobs? If you work as essential worker you are at a way higher risk! Nurses, pharmacist, caregiver, cashiers, driver and so on. In other states these jobs are mainly occupied with Hispanics or Latinos and in these states (like California) these races are more likely infected. This is just a theory! But worth looking into it.

Reply to: Transit Visa Cameroon - Overall situation in Bangui
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Central African...
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.