We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Building a Cameroon Itinerary

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
7 helpful votes
Building a Cameroon Itinerary

Hi. My wife and I are keen on a visit to Cameroon in winter 2023. We wanted to start trying to build an itinerary with the assistance of a reputable 'on the ground' company, to get a feel for suggested activities, cost etc. We are very keen on wildlife, so would want that as the basis of our trip, avoiding cities where possible. Could anyone point me in the right direction to start?

4 replies to this topic
Yaounde, Cameroon
Level Contributor
149 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Building a Cameroon Itinerary

Hi !

I can help you.

USA
Level Contributor
238 posts
1 review
2. Re: Building a Cameroon Itinerary

We are interested in the same thing - especially wildlife indulging gorillas and chimpanzees.

OP - any progress on the trip?

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
7 helpful votes
3. Re: Building a Cameroon Itinerary

In short, no. I couldn't find a satisfactory Cameroon based company that was able to help me. A couple of English ones offer it, but going with them straightaway adds a third onto the price.

You might consider Uganda for gorilla and chimpanzee, if you haven't been already. Uganda remains one of my favourite destinations.

USA
Level Contributor
238 posts
1 review
4. Re: Building a Cameroon Itinerary

Thanks, Mark. Have been to Uganda and I agree it was a great experience. Wanted to see a part of the rainforest as well as chimps and gorillas in a different habitat. Will post details in the forum if something materializes.

Reply to: Building a Cameroon Itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cameroon
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.