We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paying VISA fee at Isebania -- do they accept $100 US bill?

Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Paying VISA fee at Isebania -- do they accept $100 US bill?

Has anyone tried it? I read some places don’t accept $100 bills due to fear of counterfeit.

Thx!

1. Re: Paying VISA fee at Isebania -- do they accept $100 US bill?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 August 2017, 09:38
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
833 posts
2. Re: Paying VISA fee at Isebania -- do they accept $100 US bill?

If any change is due, it will always be in local currency in TZ or Kenya,

The exchange rate will be lesser as well,

Acceptable currencies are USD, UK Pounds, Euro,

USD from year 2006 in 10, 20, 50 or 100 should be fine, if you get a chance at airport forex shop, you could request to exchange the 100 for 2x50 USD,

not accepted are 1 or 5 USD for visa,

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
206 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Paying VISA fee at Isebania -- do they accept $100 US bill?

I paid one $100 .00 USD in Isebania border and officer accept it without any question.

Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Paying VISA fee at Isebania -- do they accept $100 US bill?

Thank you for the info. Glad to hear that I can bring large bills.

nyc
Level Contributor
15,087 posts
5. Re: Paying VISA fee at Isebania -- do they accept $100 US bill?

Tanzania more readily accepts $100 notes as that's the fee for US passport holders. It's often Kenya that doesn't readily accept $100 notes. So guess it depends on which way you are going.

I still only us $50 notes

Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Paying VISA fee at Isebania -- do they accept $100 US bill?

Thanks 4sandi. We are going from Kenya to Tanzania. Good to know about Kenya though as we'll pay Kenya Visa on landing at Nairobi.I'm bringing cash for group of 4 people. Trying to reduce bulkiness.

7. Re: Paying VISA fee at Isebania -- do they accept $100 US bill?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2018, 16:18