We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memorial Day events-Maui

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
329 posts
15 reviews
Memorial Day events-Maui

We will be on Maui on Memorial Day, will there be any special events or activities? Fireworks,luaus, that the general public can attend?

Maui
Level Contributor
71,971 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Memorial Day events-Maui

There's usually a small parade in Wailuku, down the hill to Kahului. There's also a commemorative ceremony at the Makawao Veteran's Cemetery, it will prob be around 9 or 9:30 AM.

Re fireworks---nope. All the commercial luau will be open, but if you mean some free one, no, that doesn't really exist anymore.

Memorial Day here tends to be pretty low key, and family oriented.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
329 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Memorial Day events-Maui

Thanks!

Maui
Level Contributor
71,971 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: Memorial Day events-Maui

You're welcome--have a great trip.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
52,719 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Memorial Day events-Maui

I went to the ceremonies in Makawao one year. It was a very solemn and moving ceremony, with a lei drop by helicopter at the end. Very nice way to pay tribute to our veteran's.

Wailuku, Hawaii
1 post
1 review
5. Re: Memorial Day events-Maui

I just moved here to Wailuku. more details about the parade here? I would love to go photograph it. Thanks

Maui
Level Contributor
71,971 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: Memorial Day events-Maui

No parade this year.............you should check the County's site for info on making lei for the Makawao Veteran's Cememtery and the event at the cememtery. Read Mauinow.com for good info.

7. Re: Memorial Day events-Maui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2016, 01:15