We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liquor store in the Waikoloa area

Hillsborough, NJ
4 posts
Liquor store in the Waikoloa area

Aloha,

I was wondering if anyone knows if/where there is a liquor store in the Waikoloa area, staying at the Waikoloa Beach Marriott, if that helps.

Mahalo

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,494 posts
127 reviews
1. Re: Liquor store in the Waikoloa area

Aloha.......

up in Waikoloa Village 6 miles away, in the village market.

Has prices better than costco for booze..... unless you are a fanatic on it. Rum was 14 and Vodka 10 last week for a 1.75 l

Gottaa get to my AA meeting...now

Hd

kohala coast, hawaii
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Liquor store in the Waikoloa area

there's also a mini mart in Kings Shops at Waikoloa, Whalers Cove. they have liquor, soft drinks, bottled water, etc - but it's expensive. Waikoloa Village would be better.

Hillsborough, NJ
4 posts
3. Re: Liquor store in the Waikoloa area

thank you so much for your prompt responses. I am new to this site (only been using it for about a month) and both of you (Hawaii Dan and Muana Kea Lady) are awesome!!

does the village market sell beer or is that sold elsewhere? In Jersey, it is all sold in the same store, but I know other states have different laws concerning this.

carmel
Level Contributor
609 posts
4. Re: Liquor store in the Waikoloa area

Aloha flocco, the Kings Shop Mini Mart is a quick and easy walk to get your beverages. When we were there last year we bought all our liquor there. If your staying at the Marriott it's just across the street.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,494 posts
127 reviews
5. Re: Liquor store in the Waikoloa area

Aloha........

Beer, wine and hard liquor are all sold at the same strore

There is no mini-mart at Waikoloa......only a store that sells curioa and mic. stuff from cards to tiki dolls, at much higher prices than a you could get at Waikoloa Village :less than a 30 min drive will save you big time......

If it is in Waikoloa Beach....it will be at a premium

Hs

kohala coast, hawaii
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: Liquor store in the Waikoloa area

it's actually called Whalers General Store in the Kings Shops - they have a minimal supply of liquors, beers, soft drinks, bottled water, OJ, milk, fruit, cheeses, munchies, chocolates, candies etc. if you're in a hurry this can be a place for small purchases - as they're all quite expensive and you pay for the convenience.

7. Re: Liquor store in the Waikoloa area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2009, 14:16