We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terminal 4 to Terminal 2 flight with connecting flight

London, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Terminal 4 to Terminal 2 flight with connecting flight
Save

Sorry a bit confused on this subject. I am arriving JFK Terminal 4 from Croatia to JFK with Delta connecting flight to LAX. with Delta, I have two pcs of checked luggage and 1.5 hours to catch my connecting flight with Delta from Terminal 2, so I guess I clear immigration pick up my 2 bags and then what?

4 replies to this topic
Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
31,493 posts
1. Re: Terminal 4 to Terminal 2 flight with connecting flight
Save

Arrive > deplane > clear immigration & customs > recheck luggage just after exiting the secure area > go to the other terminal via Airtrain > reclear TSA for your onward flight (OR reenter TSA at the same terminal and take the jitney)

https://www.jfkairport.com/at-airport/connecting-flights

Think you've reversed the terminal numbers

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
33,935 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Terminal 4 to Terminal 2 flight with connecting flight
Save

Sorry...I would not be comfortable with 1..5 hours arriving off of an international flight.

London, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
3. Re: Terminal 4 to Terminal 2 flight with connecting flight
Save

I think I will go through security at Terminal 4 and get the shuttle bus to Terminal 2, Thank you

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
3,792 posts
4. Re: Terminal 4 to Terminal 2 flight with connecting flight
Save

Going through security in terminal 4 is the right call. Also, check the monitors after you do, delta will often switch which terminal flights leave from.

Reply to: Terminal 4 to Terminal 2 flight with connecting flight
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.