We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Market

Paphos District...
Level Contributor
875 posts
91 reviews
71 helpful votes
Christmas Market
Save

Hi all.

We've decided to combine a visit to Riga and Tallinn for the Christmas markets. We'll be flying into Riga, staying a few nights, then taking either the bus or train to Tallinn, then back again to fly home from Riga.

Can anyone recommend accomodation within walking distance of the Christmas Market. We love small, family run hotels if possible but as long as it's central and clean with a good breakfast, we'd be happy to consider it.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

4 replies to this topic
Campbell River...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1. Re: Christmas Market
Save

Perhaps Wellton Riverside SPA Hotel, easy access off the #22 Airport Bus, edge of Old Town, Good Breakfast, Good prices.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Riga
Level Contributor
3,580 posts
59 reviews
79 helpful votes
2. Re: Christmas Market
Save

There is not many small hotels in Old Town, above mentioned is a nice hotel.

Also been mentioned here Justus hotel and Old City Boutique Hotel, but I didnt try them myself.

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
4,158 posts
164 reviews
183 helpful votes
3. Re: Christmas Market
Save

I stayed at the Justus hotel in Riga last December. It’s in the old town area very close to the Christmas market, a small cozy hotel. It’s historic, too: the walking tour guide said the outside was featured in a few old Soviet films.

Paphos District...
Level Contributor
875 posts
91 reviews
71 helpful votes
4. Re: Christmas Market
Save

Thank you for your replies. I'll have a look at the ones you've mentioned.

Reply to: Christmas Market
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Riga
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.