We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jericoacoara Airport

Maribor, Slovenia
Level Contributor
819 posts
48 reviews
Jericoacoara Airport

Hello

Can someone inform me when the international airport will be opened and which destionation will be covered. I only have an information that GOL and AZUL are interested for regular flights.

Best regards

Ales

17 replies to this topic
Belo Horizonte, MG
Level Contributor
576 posts
10 reviews
11. Re: Jericoacoara Airport

JJD flights: https:/…jjd

King City, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
12. Re: Jericoacoara Airport

thanks

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
7,032 posts
2 reviews
13. Re: Jericoacoara Airport

@chlo..

I already flew out of JJD (using the Azul regular fllght to VCP airport; there are other regular flights as mentioned in thread - but not daily)... very convenient... airport is only about 40 minutes from the village of jeri.... avoiding the long 4 or 5 hour land transfer from FOR airport...

and I saw a couple of transfer counters right outside arrivals waiting for incoming flights to JJD to take passengers to the village of Jeri (I took one of them in the opposite direction, from village to airport)

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
14. Re: Jericoacoara Airport

Looking to fly to jericoacora in June 2019. Will there be international flights then?

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
7,032 posts
2 reviews
15. Re: Jericoacoara Airport

I doubt it very much... not enough traffic to justify such route.

If your trip is focused on that region, here are some options to avoid flying all the way south to airports in SP area, or VCP, to back track northwards again.

Azul has nonstops from Recife (REC) to JJD airport on certain days. You can fly from Lisbon to REC nonstop on TAP Air Portugal.

KLM and Air France sub Joon fly nonstops from Amsterdam and Paris to Fortaleza (FOR)... TAP also flies Lisbon to Fortaleza.... if you want to avoid the long overland transfer to Jeri, this small company started offering FOR to JJD flights... still to be seen if route will prosper.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/ShowTopic-g303…

From the UK you can only fly nonstop all the way south to São Paulo GRU or Rio GIG... and then back north to JJD.

you need to see what works best for you in terms of connections, layover times, prices etc...

Only Azul and Gol have flights to JJD airport.

2 posts
16. Re: Jericoacoara Airport

Anyone have information about airport transfers to/from JJD Airport to center of Jeri? I did receive a quote from the owner of the Condo im staying, which she said one way is R$350/USD$85. That sounds way too much for 32km/20miles. More than here in the USA.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
7,032 posts
2 reviews
17. Re: Jericoacoara Airport

Greg... that sounds like prices if you are paying for a whole car for yourself, not a shared transfer... they are 4x4, as part of the way (between Prea and Jeri itself) is on the beach... see this map (black is paved roads)... JJD airport is somewhere between Cruz and where the road forks out to Preá:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer…

usually no need to book in advance for JJD airport... the 2 or 3 operators there wait for flights as they arrive, and fill up their cars... they are shared transfers (like 4 people per car), and they will leave you/pick you up in front of your lodging... something like 70 reais one way per person... we saw them there as we waited to board flight leaving from JJD

we used this operator on the opposite direction (from Jeri to JJD airport)... they picked us up at lodging and took us to airport...you may want to whatsapp them to confirm all info... better do it in Portuguese (google translate):

https://lulupasseios.com.br/contato/

Reply to: Jericoacoara Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jijoca de Jericoacoara