We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broken Hill

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Broken Hill

Can I get from BH to anywhere by train? Once a week to BH from Sydney but hopeless to get back! I don’t need to stay for a week.

7 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12,290 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Broken Hill

BH to Adelaide (closer than Sydney) by bus (twice a week).

look at www.rome2rio.com for choices

https:/…broken-hill

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
722 posts
120 reviews
2. Re: Broken Hill

There's a daily coach to Dubbo where you can then get the connecting train to Sydney, but the coach leaves in the middle of the night (3:45am local time).

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
551 posts
54 reviews
3. Re: Broken Hill

You may want to look into Indian-Pacific train which stops at Broken Hill and does day tours in Broken Hill which are called off-train excursions.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Broken Hill

You don’t get very long in BH with the IP. Wemust had a couple of hours, admittedly we arrived late. You get a choice of excursions but you really only get a glimpse of the town. I wish we’d had a lot longer.

Orange, Australia
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Broken Hill

The daily coach to Dubbo meeting the XPT for Sydney is your best bet if Sydney is where you want to be.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
551 posts
54 reviews
6. Re: Broken Hill

One can always take a bus to Dubbo, visit the huge zoo there and then a plane to Sydney. A lot faster than the XPT which breaks down way too often and gets replaced by buses.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
25,455 posts
70 reviews
7. Re: Broken Hill

AS far as I am aware, from investigating a recent post on this topic, the bus to Dubbo has been suspended due to too many accidents hitting roos and wrecking the buses. Before making plans you should check with the bus company.

Reply to: Broken Hill
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Broken Hill