We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Get your facts right. I'm trying to correct facts & its impo

Bundaberg, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
7 reviews
Get your facts right. I'm trying to correct facts & its impo

The opening hours of the Living Sculpture are wrong.So are the prices. But mainly I object to the advertising of a 20 minute walk to see the sculptures - that's incorrect. These days you can drive to it.

8 replies to this topic
Bundaberg, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Get your facts right. I'm trying to correct facts & its impo

I really enjoyed the sculptures, and we got there at about 8.05 am Broken Hill time - well worth the A$6 each we paid (no pensioner discount). But we paid via a machine - and yes we could've used a card. The facts in the Broken Hill advertising are so out of date.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
7,309 posts
94 reviews
2. Re: Get your facts right. I'm trying to correct facts & its impo

I am sure if you ring the business up and nicely say this to them, they will thank you for your feedback.

Do you need a pensioner discount when the price is so low anyway ?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
5,283 posts
207 reviews
3. Re: Get your facts right. I'm trying to correct facts & its impo

Well they all sound like useful corrections, but why don’t you tell the people who are reporting or advertising these mistakes, not a bunch of volunteers on a public forum.

All the best.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
7,309 posts
94 reviews
4. Re: Get your facts right. I'm trying to correct facts & its impo

I wonder if it is run by volunteers as well... often don thave time/ techo know how to update these things.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
5,283 posts
207 reviews
5. Re: Get your facts right. I'm trying to correct facts & its impo

A great example of the desperate need for a like button hammy 👍

All the best.

Edited: 19 December 2017, 02:15
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
727 posts
125 reviews
6. Re: Get your facts right. I'm trying to correct facts & its impo

Living sculptures at Broken Hill is a council outdoor art initiative. It's not a business in that sense. Responsibility for updating details etc would lie with the Broken Hill tourist information centre/management etc.

Bundaberg, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Get your facts right. I'm trying to correct facts & its impo

No, I didn't need a Pensioner Discount - but there was one advertised. I'll contact the Tourist Information Centre when I have access to faster internet. Meanwhile if anyone else wants to go this summer - it opens at 6.00 am, and there is no need to walk 20 minutes up a hill to get there. I apologise for putting this information on a forum - I was hoping to get the correct information out to other travelers. Sorry.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
5,283 posts
207 reviews
8. Re: Get your facts right. I'm trying to correct facts & its impo

<< I was hoping to get the correct information out to other travelers. >>

No problem with that, just that you didn’t actually provide the correct information. What you did is post a thread, with typos, complaining that the information provided was incorrect as if it was our fault, hence the blunt retorts.

All the best.

Reply to: Get your facts right. I'm trying to correct facts & its impo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Broken Hill