We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broken Hill to Cameron Corner.

Hastings, Australia
2 posts
Broken Hill to Cameron Corner.

Hi all, I am planning a trip to C.Corner via Tibooburra coming from Broken Hill. I drive a 2016 Isuzu D-Max 4X4 so that part won't be a problem.. My question is, Would a non off road Jayco Destiny with tandem axle make the trip to Tibooburra in one piece ? Or would it get shaken to bits !!

Thanks,

Greg.

5 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
12,134 posts
54 reviews
1. Re: Broken Hill to Cameron Corner.

You might be better asking on one of the caravan forums.

There is one called Grey Nomads I think.

Cheers.

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,249 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Broken Hill to Cameron Corner.

Take it steady and you shouldn't have an issue. A lot of that road is now bitumen.

1 post
3. Re: Broken Hill to Cameron Corner.

As said above, take it easy and you should be fine. Most of the road is sealed now. You could leave your van in Milparinka or Tibooburra and head out to Cameron Corner from there...it's a good trip to do ( all of it).

Oz
Level Contributor
15,244 posts
50 reviews
4. Re: Broken Hill to Cameron Corner.

Hi,

No worries road wise as the others have said it's nearly all sealed so only an issue if there is heavy rain.

If you are worried about the van leave it in Wilcannia and it'll become a good caravan.

Cheers,

Hastings, Australia
2 posts
5. Re: Broken Hill to Cameron Corner.

Hi and thanks to all who responded to my question. I will be leaving the van probably at Tibooburra and driving out to C. Corner from there.

Again thank-you,

Greg.

Reply to: Broken Hill to Cameron Corner.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Broken Hill