We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For the day

Royersford...
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
236 reviews
158 helpful votes
For the day

So far, Friends, our trip has been lovely. We are now in Kaiteriteri after 3 lovely days in Auckland. We're sitting on our deck overlooking the water and looking forward to our sailing trip tomorrow! I realize I didn't plan anything for Te Anau. We leave Queenstown in the morning and will stay at the Aden Motel - leave for Milford Sound tour the next day. Should we do the glow worm tour or just wander the town?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Ellen

3 replies to this topic
Kyneton, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: For the day

If you like slightly oddball type things, go to the trout observatory but check out the google reviews first. They are brilliant 🤣

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island, Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand, Tonga
Level Contributor
24,276 posts
742 reviews
511 helpful votes
2. Re: For the day

my favourite things to do in te anau are the bird sanctuary and the amazing ata whenua shadowlands at the fiordland cinema. totally recommend.

if you havent seen glow worms then definitely do the trip. there are glow worms at the back of the kaiteriteri camp at the start of the withells walk - just ask at the office. enjoy kaiteriteri and the stunning abel tasman.

https://www.fiordlandcinema.co.nz/ata-whenua-shadowland/

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
89 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: For the day

Oh the bird sanctuary sounds awesome. We had a nice sail today but my poor husbands gout is flaring and he is barely hobbling. We are heading to the medical center in the morning.

Reply to: For the day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Te Anau
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.