We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise Options April '24

Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise Options April '24

Greetings,

I only can find RealNZ overnight cruises on Doubtful Sound. In fact appears that "Wanderer" is the only boat running in April that I can find. (just for 2 people)

From reading elsewhere I seen that "Wanderer" (only boat running in April) is NOT a desired boat to be on because of age, size, amenities and tight quarters. Is any of this true? Apparently preferred boat RealNZ "Navigator" boat stops running in March.

Are there any other overnight Doubtful sound tour operators operating Mid-April?

Any help or insight on any Doubtful Sound Overnight tour would be most helpful.

5 replies to this topic
New Zealand
Level Contributor
4,087 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise Options April '24

Southern Secret has some availability in April. Have no idea about any of the boats.

California
Destination Expert
for New Zealand
Level Contributor
18,652 posts
71 reviews
33 helpful votes
2. Re: Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise Options April '24

Relaxing Journeys: https://www.relaxingjourneys.co.nz/cruises/doubtful-sound-overnight-cruise/

Southern Secret: https://www.doubtfulsound.com

Fiordland Expeditions: https://fiordlandexpeditions.co.nz/doubtful-sound-overnight-cruise

I have no experience with any of them.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New Zealand, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,849 posts
440 reviews
245 helpful votes
3. Re: Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise Options April '24

I would personnel message some of the people who have done this cruise on Trip advisor and see what they think of the operators.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island, Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand, Tonga
Level Contributor
24,262 posts
742 reviews
511 helpful votes
4. Re: Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise Options April '24

im doing an overnight doubtful sound cruise in mid april and there are at least 3 operators all operating then.

we just booked last week. Ive done at least half a dozen overnight cruises on doubtful sound and it is truely one of my favourite areas of nz (along with abel tasman national park and mt cook national park).

Having been with four different operators i can vouch that southern secret is the best.

5. Re: Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise Options April '24

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

What are forum guidelines?

Reply to: Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise Options April '24
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Te Anau
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.