We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Service from Te Anau

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
Taxi Service from Te Anau

We're planning to visit Milford Sound as a day trip from Te Anau . As we will make stops on the way, we're looking to hire a taxi for the day .

I'm looking for contact details of a taxi company in Te Anau. Would be grateful if this information could be given.

Thanks

7 replies to this topic
Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Christchurch, South Island, Akaroa
Level Contributor
51,277 posts
577 reviews
231 helpful votes
1. Re: Taxi Service from Te Anau

This is very impractical. It is 117Km each way and we generally recommend allowing 8 hours for the round trip.

There are a number of coach companies who offer this trip, giving you the choice of a large coach with wrap-around windows or a minibus. All companies stop at some or all of the scenic stops along the way into Milford Sound but allow passengers to sleep on the way back to Te Anau. This is a more efficient & economical way to visit Milford Sound.

Edited: 10 November 2023, 06:36
California
Destination Expert
for New Zealand
Level Contributor
18,651 posts
71 reviews
33 helpful votes
2. Re: Taxi Service from Te Anau

Te Anau Transfers: https://teanautransfers.wordpress.com -- though might be prohibitively expensive.

Edited: 10 November 2023, 06:37
New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island, Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand, Tonga
Level Contributor
24,261 posts
740 reviews
511 helpful votes
3. Re: Taxi Service from Te Anau

there are many coach options who make stops along the way and this would be the most recommended.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
17,523 posts
214 reviews
106 helpful votes
4. Re: Taxi Service from Te Anau

If you choose to hire a taxi, that's over to you. Who are we to comment on how you choose to spend your money, or comment on the style of your holiday.

Just be aware a taxi will e expensive and that there are cheaper options.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
5. Re: Taxi Service from Te Anau

Thank you, Sir for your practical advice out of experience. Being prohibitively expensive is definitely a consideration for me. I was trying to accomodate a Scuba Dive at Milford Sound at the expense of the Cruise, so, was looking for this arrangement. To do the dive and the stops along the way seems not possible on a reasonable budget. Many thanks for your input

Falkland Islands
Level Contributor
679 posts
6. Re: Taxi Service from Te Anau

You mmight want to try the Visitor centre as they will know who to contact for such a service and no it wont be cheap either when you condider the distance and time.

https://www.newzealand.com/in/plan/business/fiordland-i-site-visitor-information-centre/

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island, Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand, Tonga
Level Contributor
24,261 posts
740 reviews
511 helpful votes
7. Re: Taxi Service from Te Anau

#5 i suggest you contact the dive company as they could arrange transport for the diver as they generally travel from te anau each day,

Reply to: Taxi Service from Te Anau
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Te Anau
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.